User

Default .25-06 vs .25-06 Remington... CFR system non comprendo

Interesting development: So I bought a Ruger rifle in .25-06 Remington that was advertised on this forum. I handed in the application on Wednesday and...

I got an e-mail from the SAPS yesterday stating that I need a gunsmith's report/letter to certify that the rifle is indeed a ".25-06 Remington" as, THE SYSTEM ONLY ACKNOWLEDGES ".25-06" AS A CALIBRE.

The more I explain that it's the same thing and that ".25-06 Remington" is its FULL NAME, the more I'm told to get the letter/report so they can update their system to accept the calibre ".25-06 Remington".

Can I cry now, or should I rather start laughing?

>:( :o ??? :P md217 confused0083

Default Re: .25-06 vs .25-06 Remington... CFR system non comprendo

I would suggest crying and laughing at the same time..........

I want to say something on this but I think I will rather shut my mouth and not say anything and thus say a lot with my silence.... cfd89

Just for interest sake (and to show that you are not alone), I wrote 9x19mm on my application for a Glock 17 about two years ago. I was called in and was told that no such caliber exist on the "system".

After explaining that its also known as 9mm Parabellum/Luger, it was eventually captured. It was quite surprizing that few members of this specific FRC (whom I like very much, since they phoned and notified me this morning that they found my missing shotgun application) didnt know about the existence of 9mm Short, 9x21, 9x25, etc.

Anyway, not trying to knock the guys. We have a good relationship, but sometimes the lack of training/experience shine brightly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Just for interest sake (and to show that you are not alone), I wrote 9x19mm on my application for a Glock 17 about two years ago. I was called in and was told that no such caliber exist on the "system".

After explaining that its also known as 9mm Parabellum/Luger, it was eventually captured. It was quite surprizing that few members of this specific FRC (whom I like very much, since they phoned and notified me this morning that they found my missing shotgun application) didnt know about the existence of 9mm Short, 9x21, 9x25, etc.

Anyway, not trying to knock the guys. We have a good relationship, but sometimes the lack of training/experience shine brightly.

Ok so you sorted that out ;D because I also put down 9x19mm and they did not moan (except for the refusal of course)

User

I applied for a license for a Wilson Combat .45ACP long time ago and was informed that there is no such a manufacturer as Wilson Combat but in fact Wilson! confused0083

I put the record straight on that one!

KFP

Try explaining to the bright sparks at CFR that it's 38 super, no, not 38 special, no, not 38 S&W etc, etc !!!! Eeeeeissssh md217