User

Default Troy Pump Action Rifle...

Maybe Paul can tell us a bit more about this...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kly+Newsletter

Troy Defense “PAR” Pump Action (AR-Style) Rifle

Squirreled away in the Troy booth at SHOTShow 2014 was the “PAR” or Pump-Action Rifle. All golf jokes aside, the PAR is a AR-style pump rifle and looks to be a real (tack)driver. Built for states and countries with restrictions on ownership, the receivers are proprietary. One will not be able to mount them to standard AR uppers and lowers. Fortunately, the PAR is compatible with AR-style magazines (Troy Industries BattleMag shown) and triggers.

The pump itself is cleverly hidden under otherwise ubiquitous rail covers. The action stroke is in similar length to 12-gauge shotguns with just enough travel to eject and load 5.56/.223 rounds. Full-length top rails compliment the Troy Alpha-style fore-end and the rifle uses Troy’s medieval brake to reduce recoil.

Since the PAR does not need a buffer tube, Troy is offering a 5-position stock adjustable for either right or left-hand folding. The design allows shells to be ejected even with the stock folded. The rifle is 25″ collapsed or 33.5″ with fully extended length-of-pull and weighs a scant 6 lbs.

Rumor mill has the rifle set for release later this year with an MSRP around $1100.

Author’s silly personal note: So long as I can shoot the rifle better than I can drive a golf ball, this will be a good PAR.

User

Default Re: Troy Pump Action Rifle...

User

For fack's sake indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Facknut wiff interwebs
    African Galil pattern assault rifle, it was produced after semi automatic rifles were banned in S.A.
    Besides, the H5 isn't ugly! ;o)
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Does anyone here have one or know someone with one?
    I picked up the thread while searching for info on the Troy PAR, hopefully it is still open.

Looked at one today and it actually tickles my fancy.

I know it is far off and different from a semi auto AR but looks like a viable option and an alternate for the current licence rejections on semi's.

I have my dedicated status and a "weapon or two" on my name, a semi auto 223 / 556 is next on my list.
    Use for the semi auto will be dedicated "sportsman" as well as hunting vermin and possibly springbuck culling if the opportunity arises.
    I need something reliable and accurate that I can use properly if needed.
    I really don't want to speed cycle a bolt action if and when necessary.

Any feedback and opinion whether positive or not is welcome as long as you have handled and used the rifle or know someone personally with one.
    I'm not into hearsay opinions.

User

Checking the reviews, it seems accurate

User

My wife has one in 308. It does 1MOA at 100m, she hasn’t taken it further yet. I think it has a 16” barrel (can’t remember) so only loading it up to 2200fps at the moment. Truth be told it grouped ok at that speed so I haven’t done an real load development on it yet.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Don’t back of from licensing SLR’s and now searxh for alternatives. Apply and appeal