User

Default Hello from North West Province

This post is a duplication of the post under introductions.

Gunsite SA kindly gave us a sub forum under IPSC related. The exact location is under shooting organisations and clubs, SAPSA/IPSC discussions, NWPSA.

My name is Tom and I will attempt to answer questions shooters might have regarding shooting IPSC in the North West Province. I am Vice Chairman at the Frontier club in Stilfontein and I stay in Klerksdorp. If I cannot answer something on the spot, I will get the answer for you ASAP.

We also invite new shooters in our area to join the sport we love. My first post will then also be an indication on what you can expect, cost wise, when you become a shooter. I can assure you we are a very friendly bunch, is passionate about the sport and will give you all the guidance you need to become a happy shooter and enjoy the sport as much as we do.

I am also a diabetic. The reason I share this with you is to illustrate the excitement you experience on the range. I never go to a practice (or competition) without a bottle of coke, as the excitement always cause my sugar levels to drop below 4, causing me to experience a Hypo. Then coke is needed urgently!

Thanks in advance for reading and hope we see you soon!

User

Default Re: Hello from North West Province

As promised, here is what you as a new shooter should expect to spend in the sport. It is by no means exhaustive, but should cover most and make sure you are not in for any nasty surprises. The exercise was done this week, so pricing is valid as per current market prices and the fees for 2014.

Attached Images Attached Images

User

Hi Tom.

I too share your experience. I remember one time at Nationals it was my turn on the line and checked my sugar and was on 2.2!!! they had to wait for me to down a Bar OneGood Luck with your Thread
    Arthur

User

this looks good and not that expensive especially the reloads. will come and have a look when i get my license as i live in klerksdorp.

User

Thanks Arthur.

BansheeZA, drop me a mail, so we can get in touch. My email is available to users of the forum. Probably under my profile. Will go update that now as well.