Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    User

Default Re: GCDPC club shoot 8 Feb

I belittle Glock Goblin every chance I get. In fact it's a ray of sunshine in my day when I get to abuse him.

User

Nazis. They all surrender eventually. Even the Grammar ones...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    I am interested to hear why there is . . . much more of a chance of having a ND by allowing the shooter to knewl and/or standing before reholering. . . It is gererally recognised that thw most likely time for a ND to occure is while drawing or reholstering (nothing to do with kneeling or standing).
    May I ask who this is "generally recognized" by?I would have thought it would have something to do with having a finger on the trigger. To all intents and purposes, with the exception of mechanical failure, nothing will happen if the trigger is left untouched

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    May I ask who this is "generally recognized" by?I would have thought it would have something to do with having a finger on the trigger. To all intents and purposes, with the exception of mechanical failure, nothing will happen if the trigger is left untouched
    Thats the problem some shooters do not keep their fingers off the trigger! As they draw the finger goes on the trigger.
    Or forget to remove the finger before holstering.
    I have seen it happen - know of it twice leading to ND - one shot himself in the ass, other put a 10 mm graze down his calf muscle (was shooting. 40 cal).
    So it extends past it is gwnerally recognised - and I am talking about in the sport. Know that in CT they had a guy put a round through his shoe between his toes - not sure if this was while holstering or drawing.

Just as Ikor says there is no plans to change how they do things - we will continue to make shooters stand before holstering as we truely believe this is the safer option. I do not see how if you collect the firearm with your support hand at chest level in the middle of your chest if squared up to the target that you can do this without crossing your support leg if it is splayed, regardless of what holster is being used.

Remember if you sweep yourself then you going home, no requirement for the finger to be on the trigger.
    My point is that the gun should be pointed in a safe dirrection - the backstop while the shooter stands up or kneels.
    From a self defensive and sporting perspective it just makes sense to get the gun on target ASAP, prior to or while kneeling.
    The it is generally recognised is from the IDPA rulebook - not sure if current or old rulebook, which advises the SO never to stand dirrectly behind the shooter while hostering or drawing do to the danger involved.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I've been made aware that Glock Goblin took serious umbrage to my post above.

I want to state that the post was made in a light hearted fashion, and I wrongly thought the use of an Afrikaans swear word would be a subtle reference to that.

However, I did not mean to belittle Glock Goblin, and I apologise that it came across as such. It was never my intention, yet that was the result, and I am sorry for that.
    Skaapie

I was also over sensative on this one, and did not have to respond in the manber that I did! Thanks to mods for removing that post.
    I had be steuggling to respond using the tablet. The format or whatever you call it had changed from the way it appeared to the same as when viewed using a PC. However this brings its own challenges as well the pridictive text is also frustrating as DMG gets changed to dog when using predictive text! I have gone over to tapatalk which seams to work fairly well using the tablet. I will also read posts prior to posting to try and correct any errors. However as tapatalk does not have spell check like a PC which underlines incorrectly spelt words, so I can not promise that the odd spelling or extra letter may not creep into future posts, but I will certainly attempt to limit these as far as possible going forward.

Thank you for your post much appreciated! Let's move forward.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11