Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 113
  1. #21
    KFP
    Guest

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    may still be modified for SA specific requirements like .22 (for which, btw, IDPA has already been canvassed).
    Perhaps you can also explain to the yanks that anybody in SA who uses a semi-auto rifle defensively e.g farmers, security officers - will never in a million years venture outdoors with 10 rounds in a mag !!! Even if they've only got a grass green teensy weensy baby rifle hpy71

  2. #22
    Moderator SSP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,934

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    The 10 round mag cap limit is not, in my view, related to the now sunsetted AWB. It is to ensure a level playing field between all competitors(for instance a guy with an SKS can compete with a guy who shoots an AR), to prevent IDPA from being an equipment race, and to force reloads without having 150 round stages.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

  3. #23
    Moderator
    BigT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    29,097

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    The 10 round mag cap limit is not, in my view, related to the now sunsetted AWB. It is to ensure a level playing field between all competitors(for instance a guy with an SKS can compete with a guy who shoots an AR), to prevent IDPA from being an equipment race, and to force reloads without having 150 round stages.
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.
    "Learning only occurs after repetitive ,demoralizing failures!"

    Pat Rogers (RIP)

  4. #24

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    The 10 round mag cap limit is not, in my view, related to the now sunsetted AWB. It is to ensure a level playing field between all competitors(for instance a guy with an SKS can compete with a guy who shoots an AR), to prevent IDPA from being an equipment race, and to force reloads without having 150 round stages.
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.
    +1 I agree

  5. #25
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    KFP,

    "IDPA rules Will supercede the interim SADPA rules and IDPA rules may still be modified for SA specific requirements like .22 (for which, btw, IDPA has already been canvassed)."
    In my books it will be OK if they allow it (.22) only on club level shoots like they do for the BUG division.

    What about allowing DB shotguns......at least for club competitions?

    Considering the gun legislation we are stuck with in this country . It will be becoming quite expensive and very time consuming to join a different organisation for each gun. I think it should be considered. .22, DB SG's, Leveractions...

  6. #26
    KFP
    Guest

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.
    Yikes Big T, when I'm having to do mag changes with my 35 round mags in a " defensive" situation I think I'm in very deep brown stuff and should probably be thinking of calling for some air support hpy71


  7. #27
    BulM5rocks
    Guest

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Why d'you want air support - isn't there a big bore division ?

    Surely 155mm G5 howitzer would fit in there ? happy0065

  8. #28
    Moderator SSP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,934

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by KFP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.
    Yikes Big T, when I'm having to do mag changes with my 35 round mags in a " defensive" situation I think I'm in very deep brown stuff and should probably be thinking of calling for some air support hpy71

    There is merit in practising skills that may one day be required, however unlikely. Lets face it: a rifle gunfight is extremely unlikely for a civilian. We still practice the skills though.

    Also, IDPA is a game. Those are the rules.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

  9. #29
    Moderator
    DS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not where I want to be..
    Posts
    12,145

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules


    +1 SSP and BigT.

    CJ you can play with a DB we've had guys play with a SB!
    Speed is important, but not at the sacrifice of accuracy, but being accurate needs to be fast enough.
    Jeff Gonzales - Trident Concepts


    THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.

    "Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for the law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
    Louis D Brandeis

  10. #30
    KFP
    Guest

    Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

    Doesn't the IDPA rulebook state "The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters

    Just picture the scenario "Frik, the farmer wakes up in the middle of the night - he hears a noise coming from the cow shed. He walks over to the window and sees a group of armed men stealing his cattle. He shouts at them to stop stealing his cattle - the BGs start firing at him. He runs over to the bed and grabs his 10 shot LM 5 to defend himself.

    Ja sure ..................... very likely hpy194

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. We'll have to change the IDPA cover rules.
    By JS4 in forum Optics, Mounts, and Sights
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 13:52
  2. IDPA Rules clarifications
    By SSP in forum SADPA / IDPA Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 15:45
  3. NEW IDPA RULES
    By OuToppie in forum SADPA / IDPA Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-08-2013, 13:50
  4. Sneak peak at new IDPA rules
    By Dukren in forum SADPA / IDPA Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 13:35
  5. IDPA 3-gun rules ...
    By Bloody Eddie in forum SADPA / IDPA Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-05-2012, 21:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •