Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    User

Default Re: NSA Dedicated status

Quote Originally Posted by ocinico View Post
    Do NHSA sent certificates of you dss status to you. Or do you only download it from them?
    Everything is downloaded from the website only. Membership certificates, dedicated status certificates and even endorsements.

Ok. Thank you. Seen in other post people waiting for certificates from them.

User

Did they stop sending printed copies of dedicated status certificates? When I originally got my dedicated status they sent me my certificates.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mischif93 View Post
    Did they stop sending printed copies of dedicated status certificates? When I originally got my dedicated status they sent me my certificates.
    Yes, they must have stopped it in 2015. I queried it when I got my Dedicated Status early last year.

The email I sent them :
    Hi

Thanks. I just have one query. The email sent to me on 19 January 2016 stated the following :
    “Once you have completed the online theoretical evaluation and have submitted your targets per the prescripts explained in the document referred to above, the office will print your dedicated status certificate(s).
    The certificate(s) then has to be signed by the Commissioner of Oaths and the NSA’s Administrative Manager at the same occasion (this takes a little time – please be patient with us here).
    Once this process has been completed, the certificates and your membership card will be couriered to the address you provided with your confirmation of contact details.”

I am assuming the original Dedicated Status certificate which will be signed by the Commissioner of Oaths is going to be couriered to my address in the next few weeks ?

Thanks,
    Mr J
    The email I received :
    Mr J

Please be so kind as to send that email of the 19th of January 2016 so that I can correct it from our side as we do not courier the documents anymore. All your certificates and membership card is available on your personal page to download and print

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any queries
    Been using the printed documents without any problems so far

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Yes, they must have stopped it in 2015. I queried it when I got my Dedicated Status early last year.

The email I sent them :

The email I received :

Good to know. Thank you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ocinico View Post
    Do NHSA sent certificates of you dss status to you. Or do you only download it from them?
    You download them from your user profile online. Everything is mostly done and accessible online, really neat!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post

The email I sent them :

The email I received :

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me.

User

Sorry for being so dumb guys but I need some help to understand the new NSA newsletter.

My idea was always that you shoot any of their non practise targets with the right calibre and have it signed and sent in. What has changed since then? I am asking because I honestly do not understand what is said below. If you could tell it like to a +- 8 yr old please do.

Please do not give stupid answers to my stupid questions I really really do not understand anything, I am sitting and cussing this letter from start to finish. I have read more than most on the NSA page and do not even know what a postal target is.

NHSA Postal Targets can no longer be entered on a member’s Activities Page.
    As from 15 January 2017, Postal Scores may only be entered on a member’s Scores Page on his/her Personal Natshoot Profile Page.
    NHSA postal targets entered as Activities, will from 15 January 2017, be declined with only a reference to Newsletter Vol. 13(01) as reason. NHSA targets can thus no longer be used for “target practice” purposes as activities to maintain dedicated status.
    Postal scores, when approved on a member’s Scores Page, automatically reflect as approved Activity since middle July 2016 (communicated per Email and per Newsletter at the time), as per the prescripts of the policy on maintenance of dedicated status in this regard.
    All other correctly completed practice targets are still accepted proof for target practice, and can still be entered as either a hunting related activity or as sport shooting related activity.

User

My understanding is as follows.

Nothing has changed really, you just cannot submit Postal Targets as an activity anymore. Most people will go and shoot 3 or 4 targets and submit the best one. I think what sum people were doing is submitting the rejected targets as practice under the activities section, therefore you could get 2/3 activities for DSS done in 1 range session

There are 2 places where you can enter scores/activities in your member home page.
    1) under scores
    2) under activities

Postal targets can now only be added under the scores section (the one where you capture exact scores).
    Submitting your Postal target in the activities section is no longer allowed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Sorry for being so dumb guys but I need some help to understand the new NSA newsletter.

My idea was always that you shoot any of their non practise targets with the right calibre and have it signed and sent in. What has changed since then? I am asking because I honestly do not understand what is said below. If you could tell it like to a +- 8 yr old please do.

Please do not give stupid answers to my stupid questions I really really do not understand anything, I am sitting and cussing this letter from start to finish. I have read more than most on the NSA page and do not even know what a postal target is.
    I agree, it is a bit confusing. The way I understand it, you can now only submit their targets on the Scores page and have them scored.
    Any targets you scan/photograph and send in to be marked, are "Postal Targets".
    These then count towards your 3 dedicated status activities, as the system automatically adds them to the Activities Report page.

In the past, people submited their Postal targets on the Scores page to get them scored, and them added them manually on the Activities Report page as an activity.
    Now the system does it automatically, so they reject ones submitted manually on the Activities Report.
    And as a side-effect, if you submit one of their Postal targets as an activity on the Activities Report page it is rejected.

So basically :
    Keep shooting targets. Scan/photograph them and submit them via the score page as usual, just don't submit them on the Activities Report page as it is already done by the system.

If you aren't submitting the target that you shoot that day (maybe you feel like just shooting at a different distance to the target requirements, or with extended mags that take you out of the required dimensions), then don't shoot an NHSA target as you can't submit it as an activity and thus it won't count to your activities for the year.
    Rather get a target from the range, or print one from the internet and shoot that and then scan it in and submit it as Target Practice on the Activities Report page and not on the scores page as it is not an NHSA Postal target.

Hope this didn't make it more confusing

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast