Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: The current state of SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Asking questions about a known gfsa tactic isnt quite mud slinging.

Based on "hearsay" from others participating in the process you refer to,they may not be inclined to lable some people as heroes/saviours as they are portraid now, but yes,its just "hearsay"...
    I'm sorry. I can't make head or tail of what you are trying to say.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

@WZ

SAGA might have started off well and all good intentioned, but are you really saying that they have not lost the plot over a period of time?! They regard themselves as not even accountable to their members any longer! Any body who is going to become involved in this fight will have some sort of interest be they dealers, sports shooters, or collectors.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Guys, I hear what Martin says about two hats and I agree that that possibly there could also be an issue of focus. But I see no evidence at all of any mala fides by anyone. Remember too that most of these guys set up SAGA in the first place and were fighting the good fight when most of those present here were still in nappies. How do you reconcile that with the mud being thrown around here now?
    WZ just because the chaps were fighting the good fight nearly three decades ago doesn't mean that a hell of a lot has changed since then. Greed, self-interest, change if heart...who knows the why of it. Thirty years is a lifetime ago, heros have turned into tyrants in shorter periods. All that I do know is what I observe, and it is not a proactive organisation representing the rights of all.

PS. The nappies comments are disingenuous. We are all in the same boat, regardless of age or date of birth.

Remember too that most of these guys set up SAGA in the first place and were fighting the good fight when most of those present here were still in nappies. How do you reconcile that with the mud being thrown around here now?
    WZ you make a good point. I first registered in '92 or 3 and I'm still a member, but I think this is mine and my families last year.

However it must be remembered that priorities change even with the same individuals that are steering the boat, and it looks like this boat is adrift.

Mud slinging... yep. but if they (SAGA) do not want to respond, or if/when they do respond (see Springers SAGA response in another thread) even to 'potential members' it's piss poor attempt at that. This forum is here for them to come out and speak.

So based on the responses (or lack of) from SAGA, they deserve what is served.

We (All gunowners) are being herded into separated legislative ghetto's.

One for the Hunters, one for the Sportsman and another for the Collectors, and then there is those gun owners who are not "dedicated".

The intent of the FCA is to do away with firearms ownership under the guise of "Proliferation", thus it is not IF but WHEN this happens.

By dividing firearms owners into groups it makes dealing with "US" much easier, playing one groups interest of against the other.

The fact that Collectors are predominant in an organisation that is meant to represent ALL firearms owners is not ideal nor representative.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    We (All gunowners) are being herded into separated legislative ghetto's.

One for the Hunters, one for the Sportsman and another for the Collectors, and then there is those gun owners who are not "dedicated".

The intent of the FCA is to do away with firearms ownership under the guise of "Proliferation", thus it is not IF but WHEN this happens.

By dividing firearms owners into groups it makes dealing with "US" much easier, playing one groups interest of against the other.

The fact that Collectors are predominant in an organisation that is meant to represent ALL firearms owners is not ideal nor representative.
    +1.

Originally Posted by camouflage762We (All gunowners) are being herded into separated legislative ghetto's.

+1.
    +2

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

How do you reconcile that with the mud being thrown around here now?
    I don't know, WZ. I met JW for the very first time in that founding meeting of SAGA, so I have every reason to respect him and extend to him every possible opportunity to correct his mispronouncements. So far all he has done is dug himself in deeper (from what I have read).

I don't know where this leaves SAGA... except not looking very good from my perspective.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

As someone very new to firearm ownership and a very new member of SAGA I have found Mr Hood's and everyone else's comments on this thread very enlightening.

What I'm interested in finding out is whether the Trustee's of SAGA are aware of the contents of Mr Hood's original post and if so have they responded too it?

As far as I understood the original post, Martin sent a copy thereof to John Welch.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast