Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Thor scope base and rings

Who are these chaps, I cant find any info on the net about them.

If you have web site address please send it to me. fighting0035

Default Re: Thor scope base and rings

Just know that the are local.

Thor Engineering
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

I think they are some where in Gauteng?! My gunsmith commisioned rings and basis for an awkward weapon and the work was good!

User

I couldnt find Sako bases and rings in Bloem, so I bought the ones from Thor, thinking that I would replace them as soon as I could find "decent" rings and bases. Two years later and the Thors' are still going strong without any problems.

User

If I remember right the Guy's name is Eric. He really does good work. If you can't get bases for your rifle you just take it to him and he makes them for you. He is near Bapsfontein just outside Pretoria. And what I like about this guy is he has special "allenkeys" because those little cap screws you get are easy to strip, his are a perfect fit

Not sure if you got hold of Thor. Feel free to contact Martin on 012 3860408 (SAHARA) he is dealing with Thor.

Thor Engineering is situated in the east of Pretoria. Erhard does really good work, I have Thor basis and rings on my rifles and have had no problems.

Contact Charmaine on 012 - 8020294
    He is best who is trained in the severest school! Fear no man.

User

When looking for rings and bases for my pre-64 Winchester, I heard many good things about Thor's products. So I ordered them, but the quality was very very poor. The one hole was drilled completely off-centre. So I returned them for another set....and then I saw that one of the new rings had a spot without blueing and one of the screws were missing. The 3rd set was good. These rings/bases are copies of the Lynx/Tasco design, so they should work well but just check your set properly before fitting.

Recieved my Thor base and rings for the Steyr Mannlicher 375 S bull barrel yesterday and the quality looks good, rings are a bit narrow.

Hope the mechanism can stand up to the recoil.

Hi Wesson

Let us know how you go with fitting them and your impressions of how they handle the recoil of your dreadnaught.

It seems like Thor have taken comments about quality and workmanship on board, I have always been impressed with the finish and found that the bluing on them is a much better quality that than (even) the Sako ones that I had on my Sako 270Win.

I recently changed the scope on the said .270Win and found that the Sako rings were ever so slightly (+-1mm) too low for the objective lens. You guessed it, I have put Thor's onto the rifle and am very happy with them. I now have 3 rifles with Thor bases and rings on them, and two rifles with Thor triggers - I am really happy with the products. tup

BTW anybody out there with a .303 with the k@k original trigger and not happy with it, the Thor trigger made a huge improvement to the shootability of my SMLE No4Mk1. Their K98 trigger seem to have become the standard in RSA. tup

I look forward to hearing your comments, Wesson. ???

Sweet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast