Banned

Default Leaders allegedly behind spate of violence - North West Province

Leaders behind spate of violence - North West Province

11 April 2014 at 05:57 by Silindelokuhle Masikane

North West premier Thandi Modise has been informed that senior leaders are instigating the spate of violence in the municipalities

At a meeting with the Mayor of Lekwa Teemane, councillors, and police management held at the Bloemhof Police Station, Modise was informed of the allegation that some police officials are brazenly supplying tyres to be burned as part of the violence.

Police reinforcements have been called from other areas within the province and the neighbouring Free State Province to deal with criminality.
    http://www.jacarandafm.com/post/nort...of-violence-1/

User

Default Re: Leaders allegedly behind spate of violence - North West Province

When they say leaders, leaders from what political party?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

No EFFing clue?

User

I think just reading this is giving them more attention than they deserve

SAS

Banned

As you can see - its possible for this kind of thing to go horribly wrong - if civilians take sides with the state against other civilians in RSA during public protests.

Consider the implications - if as this article alleges - police members themselves - are part of the those fueling on the violence.

If you pick side in a fight thats not yours - and you pick the wrong side with armed force as "civil militia" - you are going to get FUBAR by the law.

User

Quote Originally Posted by P35 View Post
    As you can see - its possible for this kind of thing to go horribly wrong - if civilians take sides with the state against other civilians in RSA during public protests.

Consider the implications - if as this article alleges - police members themselves - are part of the those fueling on the violence.

If you pick side in a fight thats not yours - and you pick the wrong side with armed force as "civil militia" - you are going to get FUBAR by the law.
    This makes me think of the township violence from 1991 to 1994 just before the elections. Accusations of collusion between IFP and SAP. Caused huge shit. Anyone remember Boipatong ( the massacre, not the steel challenge video). Now this situation in the North West is not exactly the same but I am sure it will not be long before the politicos start trying to misdirect and gain political advantage and we start to hear about Third Forces and Right Wing provocation.

Remember when the DA marched to ANC HQ and the ANC defended the violence of their supporters by claiming DA provocation.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Banned

Its fine to protect your assets, business and the life of your family againts anyone - even if they are posing a life threat to you while passing in such a protest.

But DO NOT engage as a group with weapons - taking sides - in fight that is not aimed at you as person; or yours to fight.

You are opening up yourself to huge liability. And it borders on provoking civil war.

And ironically you could get shot from both sides of their fight - if your info isn't up to scratch and correct about what is REALLY happening.

Modise was informed of the allegation that some police officials are brazenly supplying tyres to be burned as part of the violence.
    Yesterday P35, you were getting sweaty about a story where it was alleged that police had asked farmers for backup assistance. You wanted to know "who exactly" asked the question and warned against joining the dots incorrectly, castigating everyone who believed there may have been some truth in the story. Yet here you do exactly the same thing.

So with that in mind I ask you "who exactly" informed Modise that "some" police officials are supplying tyres for burning?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Yesterday P35, you were getting sweaty about a story where it was alleged that police had asked farmers for backup assistance. You wanted to know "who exactly" asked the question and warned against joining the dots incorrectly, castigating everyone who believed there may have been some truth in the story. Yet here you do exactly the same thing.

So with that in mind I ask you "who exactly" informed Modise that "some" police officials are supplying tyres for burning?
    You can contact the spokesperson for the Premiers office for that information.

Lesiba Moses Kgwele
    Provincial Head of Communication
    Spokeperson for the North West Provincial Government
    T: 028 388 2456

http://citizen.co.za/158839/police-c...t-councillors/