Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default traffic fines in post

Hello. I hope somebody can clear up an issue for me. When someone gets a photo speed fine in the post does one have to pay it if it was not sent by registered mail?. How do they know you recieved it. Any legal advice?.

User

Default Re: traffic fines in post

The traffic police do not care how it gets sent. I received one in the mail via normal post, ignored it and a few months later received a summons.

User

Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    How do they know you recieved it.
    They monitor internet forums, Facebook and Twitter, so you're screwed.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

one thing i do not understand is people that do not pay fines. you broke the law and got caught and now you refuse the cosequenses of your actions.

this isnt aimed at the OP, but everyone in general. if you get a fine, man up, take responsibilty and pay your dues. OR obide by the rules of the road... simple

User

Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Hello. I hope somebody can clear up an issue for me. When someone gets a photo speed fine in the post does one have to pay it if it was not sent by registered mail?. How do they know you recieved it. Any legal advice?.
    Thanks for acknowledging receipt....will update your docket to reflect accordingly :P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nawu View Post
    Thanks for acknowledging receipt....will update your docket to reflect accordingly :P
    Haha! Told you so! ;o)
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    one thing i do not understand is people that do not pay fines. you broke the law and got caught and now you refuse the cosequenses of your actions.

this isnt aimed at the OP, but everyone in general. if you get a fine, man up, take responsibilty and pay your dues. OR obide by the rules of the road... simple
    Speeding fines are not about enforcing road rules, it is a revenue generating exercise.

Not sure about where you stay, but in my neck of the woods there are two traffic offences, Speeding and talking on a cell phone while driving.
    Not indicating, overtaking on barrier lines, not stopping at stop streets, blocking the flow of traffic are all offences that seem to have been taken out of the road rules.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Speeding fines are not about enforcing road rules, it is a revenue generating exercise.

Not sure about where you stay, but in my neck of the woods there are two traffic offences, Speeding and talking on a cell phone while driving.
    Not indicating, overtaking on barrier lines, not stopping at stop streets, blocking the flow of traffic are all offences that seem to have been taken out of the road rules.
    Ditto. Local municipality spent over 2 million to purchase 4 mobile hidden cameras. They also uped the fines. R400 for 10km over. R800 for 20km over and about R2000 for 30km over.
    They went on to brag about the large revenue jump after inplimenting the new fines. Thus its a money making excercise not a safety excercise.

User

Agree with Gleock. It is a cash collecting operation that takes place at the expense of proper law enforcement.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Hi. Fines picked up Storms river to Knysna.Speed limit changes all the time.If you miss one sign you will probably get caught.I try to stick to the speed limits but sometimes miss the speed limit sign.Even used a gps that shows the speed limits as you drive.Old map so not always accurate.I am just asking what the law says about how are they supposed to send out the fines. Another arguement i would like to make is that the car cannot commit a crime.Why must i do their work for them and tell them who was driving my car at the time? Maybe. that wont hold water!. Another point is that there is another car in the photo going opposite way.Did it not interfere with the lazer or whatever they use?. I then never had the oportunity to argue my case at the scene to verify anything.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast