Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Use and application of tactical lights

Craig;

I have a 962C on one AR and a 951C on one of my others (I have 4) I prefer the C or 'clickie' tailswitch because it has no wires to get in the way or hang up on stuff. The 96 series lights are larger and heavier but they put out lots of good light. The '2' indicates an ARMS mount and the '1' with the 951C indicates the screw mount. For civilian use I would not pay the extra for the ARMS clamp on mount again, as I have never bothered to take it off and because it sets the light slightly farther out from the rail than the less expensive screw mount. I am actually thinking about taking the 962 light itself off of the mount and turning it essentially into an M3 handheld when SF comes out with their new 350 lumen LED for it next year...should make a helluva home 'searchlight' for lighting up the entire block or maybe for low flying aircraft! ;D

The larger incandescent weaponlights are beginning to lose favor as SF gets smaller, lighter LED based systems on line, but they can still do what they have done in the past.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Does anyone use any of the Fenix range of torches for ECD? I am quite keen on the P3D CE Q5. Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Surefire range. Only worried that its a bit big. I prefer not to carry equipment on my belt for work, and I also don't want to chop and change to often. I was also keen on the L1T, but at 37 lumens, its perhaps too weak for self defense?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I found the Fenix range on the http://www.outdoorshopping.co.za web site.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16
    Does anyone use any of the Fenix range of torches for ECD? I am quite keen on the P3D CE Q5. Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Surefire range. Only worried that its a bit big. I prefer not to carry equipment on my belt for work, and I also don't want to chop and change to often. I was also keen on the L1T, but at 37 lumens, its perhaps too weak for self defense?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I found the Fenix range on the http://www.outdoorshopping.co.za web site.
    Take a look at the Review Page here on Candlepower Forums. These guys bleed flashlights and perhaps you can find a review that will answer some of your questions. I have never seen nor used a Fenix but have heard pretty good reports on them for EDC where a more rugged 'Tactical torch' was not needed. See SWATG's tests on the SF and Pentagon lights elsewhere in the forums

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e41a777fe&f=19
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

HI

Two mates of mine here carry the FENIX, it ok, its good enough for EDC and is cheap. confused0068

I dont like them to be honest, i find them too small for the hand, or the ones these guys have at least.

I am a surefire fan through and through...

saps.za

Love my Surefire's and Scorpion as well.

But I Luv my Fenix TK 11 more. (new, no torture test yet)
    Maybe the grip on this model would suite you better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah the guys like them here as well.... happy0065

User

Hi Ikor,
    Just joined the forum a couple of days ago and would like to thank you as well for this thread/article :)
    I found it to be VERY informative and most definately an element of my Personal Protection that I have decided to do a lot more research on ...

BE safe!

Kind regards,
    Robert
    www.freewebs.com/jkdhpsf
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

Quote Originally Posted by ciappa_r
    Hi Ikor,
    Just joined the forum a couple of days ago and would like to thank you as well for this thread/article :)
    I found it to be VERY informative and most definately an element of my Personal Protection that I have decided to do a lot more research on ...

BE safe!

Kind regards,
    Robert
    www.freewebs.com/jkdhpsf
    Well, Robert, you are certainly welcome. Keep reading. I think you will find a great deal of very good information on the site and...if you can manage to keep them on track ;D...lots of guys who know their way around guns, holsters, ammo, regulations, training and gear as well. Just forgive the ones with ADD as they can't help it hpy194

Pull up a chair, bro...we're proud to have you here!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Quote Originally Posted by ciappa_r
    Hi Ikor,

BE safe!

Kind regards,
    Robert
    www.freewebs.com/jkdhpsf
    Well, Robert, you are certainly welcome. Keep reading. I think you will find a great deal of very good information on the site and...if you can manage to keep them on track ;D...lots of guys who know their way around guns, holsters, ammo, regulations, training and gear as well. Just forgive the ones with ADD as they can't help it hpy194

Pull up a chair, bro...we're proud to have you here!
    Howzit Robert,

I am one of those with ADD..... happy0065

Anyway before my mind goes wondering, welcome and please feel free to share and partake....

@ Ikor,Awesome article and as a local LEO would hope to see all my countrymen implementing this knowledge or educate themselves further in correct tactical use of a flashlight.It can save your life or lives;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2