Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Beyond Ridiculous! Any advice?

Ok, Xena seriously has her panties in a bunch today. I would appreciate any advice on dealing with the four-year circus around my competency.

Jan 2005: Apply for competency and renewal. at FRC
    Nov 2008: After being told repeatedly by the FRC "it's at CRC", I phone CFR. The helpful woman says "Yes, the computer says its at CRC but it has been there for too long, let me investigate". Turns out my paperwork is missing (since when?)
    Nov 2008: Re-apply for competency at FRC. Told that the process will start from the beginning. Ask to speak to Supt. "S". Told "She doesn't speak to members of the public". Wife comes in (again) for interview. Inspect safe (again). Phone referees (again).
    Repeatedly during 2009: Phone my DFO. Assured that my NEW app is at CRC. Promises me that its definitely the new app. Not the old app that went missing.
    Nov 2009: Spoke to same helpful lady at CFR. No, FRC never registered or processed my new app for competency. There is no duplicate of my original app

I'm now told to start from the beginning again. DFO/Province etc...

I've just had enough of this. Any ideas? I'm tired of dealing with fools. I'm considering e-mailing Dir. Bothma directly. I'm prepared to go through the schlep of licencing but these delays are unreasonable. Shooting is my hobby. I guess life would be easier if I collected stamps.

User

Default Re: Beyond Ridiculous! Any advice?

dude... put together all your info into a file and drive to pretoria. make an appointment if possible.

get some coaching on what to say though. be able to convince them you're a dedicated sportsman

I don't blame Xena for having her panties in a wad over this shid! md217

Maybe LR has something there but I am not familar enough with the ins and outs to know about driving to PTA...maybe a call to Khumba would be in order first...or a PM? Also, perhaps you might locate a more 'user friendly' DFO at a different station?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Xena... also try and get a letter from one of your superiors in the ambulance service stating that you often enter into very threatening scenarios in order to preserve life... bla bla bla. this might hold weight cos there's now a motion to have medics trained as reservists and have rapid response cars furnished with paramedics. your sports training is only a way of bettering your command of firearms, etc.

the visit to pretoria worked for someone i know. his licences were approved shortly after his visit due to his rational VERBAL motivation

why don`t you go and see a lawyer and ask them if you can get the courts to force them to actually do their job they get paid to do?

the amount of time you all seem to have to wait there for your applications to be approved are beyond a joke! there must be something the courts can do for you!

no bloody wonder so many people there carry guns illegally, i would to if i lived there!

and i`d follow the advice a cape town motro cop told me a few years back..."if you have to use it to defend yourself...run like hell, don`t wait for the police to turn up!"

good advice!

blade user;

I quite agree with your sentiments here, but carry of an illegal firearm and ammunition...like in Oz...is no small matter if you do get caught...you will be hung out to dry! I have been a cop all my adult working life, and while I love cops, (God bless the good ones) I have seen some give out some incredibly stupid information ...or worse...completely illogical opinions.

How are you gonna run away when the guy you shot is in your own home? Have you ever been involved in a divorce? What will happen when your pissed off soon to be ex calls the cops and tells them about the unlicensed gun you have and where you keep it? Or maybe she waits a year or two until you shoot someone with it and then calls with a full description including serial number? What about the guy who films you shooting someone in public and running away, using his cell phone? Or maybe the one who follows you away from the scene while directing responding units to your location? And don't even THINK about getting caught in a roadblock.

'Flight equals guilt' is a nearly universal feeling among honest citizens and has been throughout history (Proverbs 28-31, Ecclesiastes 1) so if you are caught, you will have a LOT of 'splaining to do! 'Bernhard Goetz' ring a bell?

Another problem is that the SA government as a whole, does not seem to think it necessary to follow court judgements against itself. A lawyer is not a bad idea, but if a judge says the government 'must' do something, they still may or may not do it depending on how they feel, the projected weather next week, or what the ouija board says today. Sad, but all too true.

I'm not saying not to look after yourself and your family, but maybe doing that with an illegal gun might not be the best way...I don't have all the answers. For sure it is a nightmare situation and one helluva choice.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

bro
    outlay (I sent you the example!) statement, I Xena declare herewith under oath and in ambulance, my panties are in a twist, I want member x,y, and z charged in terms of police disciplinary code for failing to discharge their duties! make an appt to see the boss, explain to him "this aint gelling with veggie sales" Tell Supt S, "BS" ,study Batho Pele principles she cannot refuse to see you report this to management structures again! report said matter to ICD and possibly public protector!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Would a service like legallyarmed.co.za be of any help I wonder?

User

But you heard what Dir. Bothma said on numerous interviews - there are no backlogs and the process is running smoothly. How can this then be?

Well, we all know that what is said and what is true is not the same thing. Why do we have to put up with this rubbish and poor service delivery? The question has been asked and I am going to ask it again - What can we do to change this situation?

User

Dr.Dave you have pm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast