Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Many years ago I lost my 4 cell Maglite. I basically accused nearly everybody of theft. A year plus later I had to work in my dad's ceiling and there I found my Maglite next to the manhole. May you be so lucky in a shorter time.
    Well, it seems you were spot-on.

This morning the 1-year old waltzes into the room with my S1 Mini in her hand. She must have taken it the previous time and now found it somewhere in her toy box.

Still hoping the other S1 turns up. Going camping again in three weeks, then we’ll see if it is in the tent.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Ok so I have been in the Market for a weapon mounted light for a while and Ill have some cash available soon to buy one, my question is WHICH ONE to buy?

Olight, nice price, all the lumens but hows the quality and durability?

Surefire, very expensive, very durable, but hows the lumens?

Streamlight, any good?

My EDC lighs are a small LED lenser F1 during the day and a Olight M2T Warrior at night......

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Ok so I have been in the Market for a weapon mounted light for a while and Ill have some cash available soon to buy one, my question is WHICH ONE to buy?

Streamlight, any good?

My EDC lighs are a small LED lenser F1 during the day and a Olight M2T Warrior at night......
    I love my LED Lenser F1

I have heard good things about the Olight from a few guys i know using them as a wml.

Surefire is top quality and true lumens as advertised. My surefire is going strong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I love my LED Lenser F1

I have heard good things about the Olight from a few guys i know using them as a wml.

Surefire is top quality and true lumens as advertised. My surefire is going strong.
    I know that my Olight is only certified to drop from one meter high, probably the same for WML?

Is the surefire ok to drop from more than 1m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Streamlight, any good?

Are you planning on carrying it on your firearm for EDC, or just at night for nightstand duty ?
    On which firearm ?

I know that my Olight is only certified to drop from one meter high, probably the same for WML?

Is the surefire ok to drop from more than 1m?

I see that's what the Olight PL Mini 2 and Pro are drop tested at, but they can take more abuse.
    The PL Pro is Olight's big boy.
    It's durable. If you have time to spare, you can see them torture testing it :

The Surefire X300U is the king of WMLs. But it is large, that makes it less comfortable to carry. Plus it's R5k.

The Streamlight TLR7/8 have horrible switches. The new TLR-7A has great switches and is a great option but it would probably take a year to get here as it's just landed in US stores.

I went with the Olight PL Mini. Less lumens than the PL Mini 2 (400 vs 600). When I got it, the PL Mini 2 just came out and I wasn't sure about the adjustable rail as it sounded like one more point of failure but it looks like it's good to go.

User

I am planning on putting it on my new G45, thats my "after hours" gun, and I would like to keep it on the gun, shoot some night club shoots with it, I realize that I would need to fork out another 1000 rand plus for a holster but I just dont think I would have the discipline of putting the light on the gun before bed, so should I go for the smaller one like the mini or are the larger lights not too unbearable for carrying long hours?

I am planning on putting it on my new G45, thats my "after hours" gun, and I would like to keep it on the gun, shoot some night club shoots with it, I realize that I would need to fork out another 1000 rand plus for a holster but I just dont think I would have the discipline of putting the light on the gun before bed, so should I go for the smaller one like the mini or are the larger lights not too unbearable for carrying long hours?
    If you don't have the discipline to put a light on your gun at night, you aren't going to have the discipline to swap guns at night either.

I have carried a 17 with an APL for years in formal work clothing.

I carry a 19 with an olight mini at the moment.

Both lights worked just fine. Is a U boat "better" and brighter? Probably. Is the olight better than squinting in the dark? For sure.

Choose a light that isn't too wide. Get a decent holster. Put the light on you carry gun. Leave it on your carry gun. Profit.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    If you don't have the discipline to put a light on your gun at night, you aren't going to have the discipline to swap guns at night either.

I have carried a 17 with an APL for years in formal work clothing.

I carry a 19 with an olight mini at the moment.

Both lights worked just fine. Is a U boat "better" and brighter? Probably. Is the olight better than squinting in the dark? For sure.

Choose a light that isn't too wide. Get a decent holster. Put the light on you carry gun. Leave it on your carry gun. Profit.
    Im planning on carrying my G43 in my pocket at work, the tucked in shirt and concealment always have a fight, but yes i know the old swapping out guns shebang will get old quick, thanks for the advise, the olight might not be as good as the surefire but its much better than squinting in the dark

Advice needed - I'm looking for a reliable, small and rugged light that works with 18650 rechargeable batteries (reason - I already have two flashlights that use these batteries). Budget is relative - I don't mind spending more to own a product that lasts and is supported locally.

Quote Originally Posted by BandK View Post
    Advice needed - I'm looking for a reliable, small and rugged light that works with 18650 rechargeable batteries (reason - I already have two flashlights that use these batteries). Budget is relative - I don't mind spending more to own a product that lasts and is supported locally.
    Look at the Elzetta Bones, not sure if you can get it locally but it is tougher than even Surefire.I have had a Charlie for several years and nothing comes close to the build quality.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast