Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Thanks knife36

Lost my Olight S1 Baton last weekend.

I was pretty despondent, I’ve tried a few of the Baton series lights and the original S1 was my favourite. I have backup lights but I kept missing the stronger magnet in the tail, the beam pattern and the UI.

I just found it in a bottom corner of the recycling bin, halfway submerged in red wine. I’m pretty surprised that it still works after having been there for 5 days! Feels like Christmas!
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

Half way submerged in red wine? I would not trust a drunk torch. I think you should give it away.

Good evening everyone,

I am looking into getting an Olight M2T Warrior.

Played with it a bit at Huntex.

Anyone running one or have any advice?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    Good evening everyone,

I am looking into getting an Olight M2T Warrior.

Played with it a bit at Huntex.

Anyone running one or have any advice?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go for it, awesome torch. I do have one, along with three other O lights. All still work, including one I bought second hand here on the forum.Great value for money/performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Lost my Olight S1 Baton last weekend.

I was pretty despondent, I’ve tried a few of the Baton series lights and the original S1 was my favourite. I have backup lights but I kept missing the stronger magnet in the tail, the beam pattern and the UI.

I just found it in a bottom corner of the recycling bin, halfway submerged in red wine. I’m pretty surprised that it still works after having been there for 5 days! Feels like Christmas!
    Worked out this morning that my S1 Baton is 1277 days old...still works like the day I got it. Not my EDC anymore but still get's used every morning when the better halve leaves for work, checking the yard and street.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Hi Guys,

I would like you all to have a look at our Acebeam range of torches. I know they aren't really well known here in South Africa yet but they are getting rave reviews over see's on candle power forums. We carry the main lines from them. The L16 is one of favorites and has become my EDC.

Have a look on our website for more info. https://www.futurama.co.za/brands/acebeam/

Kind Regards
    Team Futurama

User

I carried an Olight S1 as my edc torch for a long time and was extremely happy with it.
    Last June I "upgraded" to the S1R. It worked fine until last month. Took it out and it refused to come on. Unscrewed the back and it worked fine.
    Happened a few times after that. Changed the battery and charged it up. Worked fine for a week and again started acting up. Really disappointing.

A year ago I had also bought a Streamlight 1L-1AA and relegated it to my backpack. I decided to give it some pocket time.
    I miss the size of the Olight but the 1L-1AA has been great so far.
    I really like that it can use a CR123 or AA battery. Its only 350 lumens on high but seems to be bright enough.

A really good torch at a decent price.

Banned

I have always heard of these fancy out of my reach cost torch's, truth is I was just not willing to spend that much on a torch.
    During my recent trip to Australia we went fox hunting(The British Fox), as everything was laid out for for me, I kinda just got in the bakkie and followed lead. We got to area of hunt and all climbed out and they started walking, a torch was slapped into my hand, lets go whispered. Oh Yea ! we gonna hunt Jakkels se broer with a torch - this I wanna see, must be moerste dom things these British Fox.
    My brother lit up a few hundred meters later and my jaw dropping was audible - hell I have never seen anything like it, shot two fox that night. My awe must have been impressive because as a parting gift I was presented with a " ma se chops" torch as a parting gift. Evidently thats what I said first time the torch lit up, the ExPats found that moerste funny. I saw the last post by Prets and got thinking what torch make I had.
    The gift I received is a Olight M3xs , what a incredible tool - we hunted and culled fox at 320 odd meter, it is as good as as a spot light, it is incredible, absolutely incredible. I had heard of how good and how strong these wonder torch's were, but seeing is a " wow !".
    Torch sells at 295 Australian $ - R3000 if converted, I see they sell for R2700 this side, not a price I would pay for a torch - ever. But still !!!!!, ma se chops that thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Prets View Post
    I carried an Olight S1 as my edc torch for a long time and was extremely happy with it.
    Last June I "upgraded" to the S1R. It worked fine until last month. Took it out and it refused to come on. Unscrewed the back and it worked fine.
    Happened a few times after that. Changed the battery and charged it up. Worked fine for a week and again started acting up. Really disappointing.

A year ago I had also bought a Streamlight 1L-1AA and relegated it to my backpack. I decided to give it some pocket time.
    I miss the size of the Olight but the 1L-1AA has been great so far.
    I really like that it can use a CR123 or AA battery. Its only 350 lumens on high but seems to be bright enough.

A really good torch at a decent price.
    That’s a battery issue on the S1R, not the torch.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast