Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Let's talk torches

So, with winter approaching (apologies to Ned Stark) and shorter days / longer dark periods, how are you set up light wise?

Me, I am a true convert. I don't leave the house without a torch on me if there is even a remote chance of returning after dark. During ordinary work days I keep one in my backpack, and not on me.

It's a big change for me, I even remember once posting that I don't need a light with me during the day as my cellphone has an emergency little light . How stupid I've been.

So, what are you carrying? How are you carrying it? Do you plan to make any changes to the way you carry it after reading this thread and seeing the light (sorry)?

Me, I carry a Surefire P2X Fury, (only recently, previously it was a 6P), in the floppy double mag pouch, just behind my spare mag.

It gets used a LOT.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Surefire for me as I don't have a WML. Klarus as a utility torch - they are bright, water resistant amd good battery life.

User

I carry a Fenix TK15 in my Laptop bag or backpack, whatever I'm carrying. Even with my Wilderness or Looper belt my pants fall down with all my EDC kak (G19, 2 mags, Spyderco, keys, phone, wallet). I'm waiting for that new Inforce WML to be available, then that will be going onto my AR, my Fenix will go onto my Pump-Action's SGA stock and then I'll get something smaller to EDC.

User

I've got my Nitecore SRT6 on me when I leave the house - it's in my backpack (together with other goodies ;) ) when I go to work, and it's in my back pocket when I go out at night.

I can also in an emergency use the super bright LED thingamabob on my phone.

User

Nitecore SRT3 now has permanent place in my left pocket. If I go out at night, I often change my holster to Carter Multicarry which allows fitting my Inforce APL to the HK.

I've played with both the SRT 3 and 6. Vastly different but I like them a lot.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

I also carry a Fury. Bezel up in my front pocket next to my wallet.

I think I once asked someone on the forum (I suspect it was BigT) how the light would fit comfortably in a pocket, and was promptly told to HTFU. Hardly notice it at all now.

Never leave the house without it.

User

The SRT3 is tiny for the amount of light it puts out if you remove the spacer and use only the 123 type battery. Only downside so far is at PSC yesterday I accidentally activated it twice only to discover much later (what's this hot thing in my pants?) during the match.

User

Nitecore SRT7 no wml yet.

User

I carry a quark 2AA tactical (280 lumens, or twist the front for an optional low setting. uses common AA batteries which I always use at work) clipped in my left pocket 24/7. Reason I dont only carry at night is that some buildings can be pretty dark inside if eishkom get up to their nonsense. Think malls. Think Kenya.

I use this light all the time and have done a bit of low/ no light shooting using various methods like Harries and an FBI variant. Really less than ideal and I am on the hunt for a WML but so far none fit my requirements (main gripe is they are all waaay too bulky) so I may end up making my own.

A handheld and a WML are both musts and shouldn't be thought of as an either/ or as they both fill vital but different roles (with some overlap)

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast