Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

I have an Elzetta Alpha and a Charlie. You can't just have one, once you've got any Elzetta flashlight, you'd want to have more.

User

I see that some of the Olight offerings are now coming with a diffuser type cover as demonstrated in the Elzetta video

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I see that some of the Olight offerings are now coming with a diffuser type cover as demonstrated in the Elzetta video
    The Olight diffusers that I have seen, like the others we see for other flashlights, are filters made with a thin plastic lense with a matt finish.

The diffuser for the Elzetta Alpha, Bravo and Charlie is a user replaceable acrylic lense that diffuses the light and is much more effective and durable than the filter type . It handles high output LED heat like the standard acrylic lense does.

A high output LED generate a lot of heat in the head and reflector area and much more so in a small head flashlight - this makes me wonder how long a thin plastic filter is going to last before it warps form or gets destroyed by the heat.

Not my pics. This last one is courtesy of Flashlightguide.com

User

Guys need to understand that there is a big difference between 500 Elzetta or Surefire lumens and 500 chinese lumens.

User

This I am aware of, I have compared my chinese torch (Led Lenser 1000lm) to a few surefire lights, and well the only thing that impressed me was the build quality of surefire. Perhaps they were not in the same class as my light regards output.

I have watched as many videos as I could find on Elzetta lights and I must say they are looking impressive.

My current problem is finding one that has a good ratio of throw and fill.

Just bought myself the Olight Warrior 21. Reason for the purchase was affordability and the torch looks like it can take a beating. Toxxyc gave me good advice on the Fenix and Mr Medic on LEd Lensers.

The only concern I have with the Olight is that you have to turn the head to cycle between modes.

Light output on the other had is great, with a good balance between throw and fill. After switching it on inside the house at 750 lumens is quite difficult to see with the glare from the walls, especially if you wake up in the middle of the night.

User

Sounds like a great light, yeah my Jetbeam had the same system to adjust brightness, twist the head,

I have also found that anything above 400lm inside the house has a big impact on my "night vision" especially when I am still waking up.

User

Guys also look at the NiteCore P10 with strobe ready one button operation from the back to change modes and to access strobe instantly:-) 800 Lumens http://nitecoresa.co.za/home/flashli...ry-i2-charger/ if you want the USB recharge go for the MH10 or MH12 both 1000 lumens http://nitecoresa.co.za/home/flashli...harging-cable/

Cheers
    Celesti
    NiteCoreSA

User

Quote Originally Posted by Celesti @ NiteCoreSA View Post
    Guys also look at the NiteCore P10 with strobe ready one button operation from the back to change modes and to access strobe instantly:-) 800 Lumens http://nitecoresa.co.za/home/flashli...ry-i2-charger/ if you want the USB recharge go for the MH10 or MH12 both 1000 lumens http://nitecoresa.co.za/home/flashli...harging-cable/

Cheers
    Celesti
    NiteCoreSA
    MH12 FREE SHIPPING until 30 October!!

User

Hi there Celesti, do you have spare tail caps for the 2xAA lights?

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast