Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Gearbest is fine. Just don't use SAPO (cheapest) shipping option.

Thanks for the info. What do ou guys think of the torches I have in mind? Is it worth the price?

User

For a toy? Yes. For a serious EDC torch that you might need to depend your life on? Nope. To be honest I even think my Fenix is just marginally suitable for EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Missing that one I sold to you hence the new order! Exact same setup except only one mode.

Been looking for another Surefire 6P bored for an 18650 but no luck yet so will be running it in a Solarforce L2P for the time being.
    I have come to appreciate the Solarforce host’s ability to tailstand.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 29-07-2019 at 11:01.

User

Any thoughts on this? It may be more to do with WML's than handhelds

Practically Tactical

"I see today is another Olight day on Gun YouTube channels...

Why you will never see us do this:
    1. It is a paid affiliate link..you post the video in hopes of selling some for them and you make money. Which is okay except (see #2).
    2. Their products break. All. The. Time. One guy went through two of their lights in a shoot house class this year and we didn't even get to low light in the shoot house class..
    3. Their light performance is mediocre at best. Artifacts, Shadows, etc..
    4. We get all the emails from Carol Chen from Olight too. We know whats going on...

I get we all need to make money to do what we do and fund whatever the goals of our channel are. No problem with that.
    But if you are going to peddle lights for money knowing they are subpar or at best "okay" realize that someone could use that product in defense of their life and it could fail them. I couldn't sleep at night doing that.
    If you don't know that they are subpar, maybe your lack of knowledge about low light is telling....
    Watch whatever you want. Buy whatever you want. Ingest whatever garbage gun media you want. I'm not your mom, just be honest in knowing what you are watching. If you are having a hard time knowing what is good gun stuff and what is bad, go take some good training. Makes sifting through bullshit very easy."

https://www.facebook.com/practically...47511?sfnsw=cl

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Any thoughts on this? It may be more to do with WML's than handhelds
    Some of the Olight models are crap. The M2R Warrior is one of them IMO, so many guys have issues with it.
    I had a M2R Warrior which had a side switch that freaked out and was rubbish.
    Received a brand new replacement M2R, that developed the same problem.

After sending the 2nd M2R back, I chose to receive a S30R Baton III instead which has been great so far with 6 months of daily usage and has now replaced my Surefire Tactician as my EDC simply because the ability to recharge is crucial for me.

Other brands can also have models with problems too.
    Like Inforce's APL and its battery drain issues, light flickering etc.
    Like Streamlight and some of their WMLs having battery doors breaking.

Olight has been improving a lot over the years. And their SA customer support is superb.
    I think a lot of the current range of Olights are quite good, such as the PL Mini 1, PL-Pro, M1X Striker and S batons.

Surefire is by far the most reliable out of all the brands though.
    But it often comes with the cons of not enough modes, high cost, CR123A and being non-rechargeable.
    The Surefire XR1 looks like a winner for an EDC WML though, when it eventually gets released.

I continue to be impressed with my Elzetta Charlie. CR123 are a bit of a nuisance but it appears to maintain light output for much longer than the rechargeable types.

User

Hi does anyone have any experience with the
    Niwalker mm15 flashlight

User

Forked from the FOUND Fenix C6 V2.0 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Thanks... this seemed sensible to spend the R100 credit I had with them. Should be delivered on Friday.
    Got it yesterday. I'm not a torch guru at all, but have been well-served by my Nitecore MT1C up to now, and I was hoping this could be a good backup. The Fenix looks and feels very solidly built. A 2100mAh 18650 is included. The USB charging is neat. Have not had sensible opportunity to test brightness, but on an indoor wall it throws a bright center spot, with a less bright surround about 3x the diameter of the center spot.

My biggest gripe is the switch: I very strongly prefer a temporary on "half-press" option. The Fenix needs to be clicked to switch on. When on, a tap on the button cycles between brightness settings.

At the moment this light is functionally equivalent to my old Olight i6 Paladin (which I don't really need a backup for). Pros above the i6 is more (quoted) brightness and smaller diameter bezel (enabling pocket carry); Biggest con, and possible dealbreaker, is the switch.

I have the weekend to decide... I think this is an excellent light for the price I paid for it, but it may not be the right solution to my requirements, which is essentially for a a backup EDC light functionally equivalent to my MT1C (which serves me very well and sees a lot of work). Unfortunately Nitecore doesn't seem to have a light in that range anymore. Who does Streamlight in SA? The ProTac 1L looks attractive...

User

Not sure but is this not what u looking for?

I too had to get used to the switch on the fenix but im over it. Works for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    https://nitecoresa.co.za/home/mh12gts/
    I was looking at one of these then the fenix popped up

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast