Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Quote Originally Posted by grasbuffel View Post
    Hi Duane. Does the mx1 come with rechargeable batteries and a charger?
    Hi, no they do not come with batteries and charger....if you are looking for a torch in similar size, recharge ready look at the R20 Javelot, battery included and it charges via usb. It is a bit bigger than the M1X...
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Thanks, I find this thread most interesting

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

User

Ok so for those after power... this might be the solution.
    http://the-gadgeteer.com/2012/03/19/...-torch-review/
    Not led based. It runs on a 100watt halogen bulb.
    Oh and the battery only lasts 5 minutes.

Last night I had the opportunity to play with some of Olight's new models....and I know now what Santa can bring me for being a good boy! The Olight X7...wow!

It is amazingly powerful. The turbo s mode is ridiculous. On this mode it's more of a flood light than a handheld torch. Even on level 3 at 3000 lumens it has more than enough light to light up a backyard, this mode has a run time of 32 minutes. This torch will stay on at 1000 lumens for more than 6 hours. But the most impressive thing about it is the size. It is not much bigger than the SR Mini, only the head is bit wider to accommodate the 3 Cree XHP Led's.

It does get hot though on Turbo S so be careful...

And the new S Mini is also amazing....smaller than the S1 but more powerful. The Rainbow Titanium version is so pretty.
    Attachment 24733
    Here it's next to my S1. This is the stainless steel version and stock is very limited...only 10 in SA of each variant. I hope Olight puts this in production.

I also had the chance to fit the new PL1 -II Valkyrie WML on my Sig. The improved clamp is very strong. Bonus is that it still fits in my CKCS holster, the dimensions are the same except that the clamp is a bit bigger. It looks and feel very solid and now has 450 lumens.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

User

Great reviews Rui! Thank you! I'm going to give myself a MH27 for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Charou View Post
    Great reviews Rui! Thank you! I'm going to give myself a MH27 for Christmas!
    My pleasure Charou. Will be doing another on the Nitecore R40 and HC60

User

Hello everyone.

I have 3 edc flashlights:
    1) an old olight S10R - 400 lumens
    2) a klarus MI7 -700 lumens
    3) And my latest one is a nitecore MH20GT - 1000 lumens

my klarus MI7 is in my pocket most of the time because of its power to weight/size ratio, although I have to keep it on lockout because it has often switched on in my pocket. I've had my leg starting to burn a few times because it's first option is max output.

Other than that it's a great torch and convenient that in a situation where I can't charge the battery I can drop in an AA and keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftShot View Post
    And my latest one is a nitecore MH20GT - 1000 lumens
    I just got my hands on one of these. Fantastic / Potent little torch, the only thing that is not perfect is the fact that it doesn't have a tactical switch and I find myself feeling around for the switch in the dark... , I have a SRT7 as well but the MH20 is great for carrying around andp considering light output I think the SRT7 is going to be taking more regular breaks from now on.....

Morning all.

Here is my review on the Nitecore R40 Flashlight.

Nitecore R40 Review.

The Nitecore R40 is the first induction charged flashlight in their portfolio, so I’ve been waiting in anticipation for
    it’s arrival for review.

Packaging at a glance:

As always, Nitecore’s packaging is top notch. Eye catching graphics with visible features on the box.

Unboxing

Included with your R40 is a proprietary NL2650DW rechargeable battery (3.7V 5000mAh) dedicated for the R40 only.
    You also get a wall mount and a desktop charging cradle, an AC Adaptor, 12V Vehicle adaptor, as well as a nylon holster, lanyard, a spare charging port cover and two O-rings.
    Like I always do with anything that has an O-ring, I wipe them clean and rub a bit of Vaseline on it.
    I have a Maglite from 2004 and the O-ring is as good as it was the day I bought it.
    Although the R40 is capable of being charged via USB, you will notice that no USB cable is included in the box.
    This is intentional so as to keep the cost down, and besides, with todays lifestyle of gadgetries, who doesn’t have loads USB cables
    lying around the house.

Performance.

Straight out the box, the R40 looks solid, well built and sits comfortably in your hand, but maybe a bit too big for an EDC flashlight.
    The R40 is categorized as a long range search light, with 1000 lumens at 520m, and that it does well.
    Whilst out on patrol the other night, I had to search a field with low shrubs for suspected water meter thieves.
    Having the MH27 with me for comparison, which has the same CREE XP-L HI V3 LED, 1000 Lumens and the 40mm lens,
    the extra 50+ meters on the R40 is very noticeable, thanks to the design of deeper optics.

The R40 comes with a proprietary NL2650DW rechargeable battery (3.7V 5000mAh) which was designed for the R40 only.
    The battery has +/- terminals on the top as well as the bottom, and also has integrated battery overcharge/discharge
    protection circuitry. I’m no battery expert, so I’m going to leave it to the pros for further comment.

This is the best thing about the R40, no fidgeting with USB cables. If your drawer looks anything like my Spaghetti
    incident where I have multiple USB cables for phones, power banks and so forth connected to one hub, then
    you will get what I mean.
    Connect your AC Adaptor to the desktop cradle and find a permanent place for it, and all you have to do every time you
    need to charge it, is place it into the cradle, no mess, no fuss.

The R40 has five brightness settings and three special modes (Strobe/SOS/Beacon).
    In the turbo mode (1000 lumens), you’ll have 1hr30mins of run time, 420 lumens at 4h30min, 200 lumens at 10h30mins,
    50 lumens at 32h and 1 lumen at 1000h.
    It incorporates Nitecore’s Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology, which automatically detects the core temperature
    of the flashlight and adjusts the output accordingly to prevent over heating and extends the products lifespan.
    As well as an intelligent protection circuit which prevents over charging/discharging and short circuiting, It also has
    Thermoelectric Separation Technology which ensures heat generated from the LED is rapidly transferred to the
    Aero grade Aluminum body to ensure the LED operates at full potential and increasing its lifespan.

It comes with a dual switch which is located on the body itself, and not in the rear like a MH27 or R25.
    One is the main ON/OFF switch, with the other being the mode switch.
    These switches can be activated effortlessly, so I would recommend engaging lock-out mode when inserting
    It into the pouch. I had it in my bullet proof vest and I accidently pressed up against the car. Next thing I know
    I’m being blinded and thinking what the heck!!??
    To engage lock-out mode, simply press both switches simultaneously until the flashlight head blinks once.
    To disengage, repeat the same process and the flashlight comes on.
    While the flashlight is on, press the multi switch to toggle between brightness levels.Press and hold the mode switch to activate special modes, and press and hold again to toggle between the special modes. Press once again and you will return to normal function.
    Double clicking the mode switch while the flashlight is off, will give you the strobe mode.
    You also have quick access to the battery level indicator. While the flashlight is off, press the mode switch
    once and the blue indicator built into the switch will start indicating remaining battery level.
    So for a 3.6V level, the blue indicator will blink three times, followed by a 1.5sec pause, then blink six times.

Summary.

All in all, I am more than satisfied with the performance and functionality of the Nitecore R40, with the induction charging capability
    being the best feature on this flashlight.
    You get the option of either charging it at home, in your vehicle, or via USB.

For ease ability and use while out in the field, I took it out with me on patrol the other night.
    Because of it’s bulkiness, I can’t really hold it tactically like I would with the MH27 ,and I struggled a bit to find the switches
    when needed in a hurry. The beam distance is great, with a good amount of spill too.
    The R40 will ride with me while out on patrol as a secondary flashlight, just in case we find ourselves
    looking for perps in the fields again.
    As it’s intention is more focused for patrol teams, outdoor activities and search and rescue, I would recommend the R40 for security companies, Game Rangers, Farmers, Police Search and Rescue and the likes.

Thank you for reading, and please check out my video

For pricing and availability, contact Celesti on 0828258442 or Louis on 0834106005, or alternatively, visit
    their online store at www.nightcoresa.co.za

Nitecore R40 Beam shot.jpgScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 9.18.39 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 9.18.23 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 9.16.44 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 9.15.59 AM.jpg

User

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast