Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Approx cost and from whom, please Toxxyc?
    From Nitecore direct. Celesti posted it on another forum. Link is here: https://nitecoresa.co.za/home/mh12gts/

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Looks pretty good. I may just order one.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    From Nitecore direct. Celesti posted it on another forum. Link is here: https://nitecoresa.co.za/home/mh12gts/
    Thanks -- wow looks really impressive!

User

Yeah my wife will kill me, but I'm strongly considering selling my Fenix PD35 with a battery or two and ordering one of those. 1,800 lumens is almost-almost double what my torch does, and I use the full power quite often, specially in winter. Would love a bit more light. Maybe with my bonus, if something like that is bestowed upon me this year...

The battery is expensive...but as expensive as for my MH03

User

On torches... Have you guys seen the Nitecore MH12GTS they just released in SA? 1,800 Lumens in a small pocket-sized torch, rechargeable from a single 18650. It looks phenomenal!
    Maybe it is a good thing to read the performance explained before one is blinded by the 1800Lumen output.

In turbo mode (starting at a claimed 1800 lumen) the light will drop output from the claimed 1800 Lumen almost immediately and reach about 50% or so of the claimed output in a minute and level out after about 3 minutes to approximately 45% of output for 20 minutes and then steadily drop form 45% to about 35% in the next 120 minutes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Maybe it is a good thing to read the performance explained before one is blinded by the 1800Lumen output.

In turbo mode (starting at a claimed 1800 lumen) the light will drop output from the claimed 1800 Lumen almost immediately and reach about 50% or so of the claimed output in a minute and level out after about 3 minutes to approximately 45% of output for 20 minutes and then steadily drop form 45% to about 35% in the next 120 minutes.
    My current torch does the same, yeah, I'm used to it. When I do use the full power of my current torch (960 Lumens, I believe), it is just for a few seconds, often to shine at something big or something far. For that I'd like more light. Inside I click it twice down though, so it's on half that power anyway. I'm OK with that. It's also OK to just itch for a new light-making thingamabob. :D

Yes it is important for people not to use that mode for fun and giggles.
    With the TM03 is it much longer on Turbo at 2800 and for an extra 1K much step up.
    Still a nice size from the look of it though.
    From my hands on with the TM03 I found the claims close to the in use times.

User

My current torch does the same, yeah, I'm used to it. When I do use the full power of my current torch (960 Lumens, I believe), it is just for a few seconds, often to shine at something big or something far. For that I'd like more light. Inside I click it twice down though, so it's on half that power anyway. I'm OK with that. It's also OK to just itch for a new light-making thingamabob. :D
    Sure.

I am just saying that one should know how the light works.

The uninitiated may think the light gives constant 1800 lumen for 10 or 20 or 30 minutes, but it does not work like that.

Sure.

I am just saying that one should know how the light works.

The uninitiated may think the light gives constant 1800 lumen for 10 or 20 or 30 minutes, but it does not work like that.
    Absolutely!

Treat these lights as you would you gun.

For all the time I have my TM03 I charged once.

I set up mine on the lowest and the dedicated paddle switch is set on Turbo. I can go from lowest to turbo and back with just a movement of the thumb and no annoying scrolling through setting.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast