Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Default Re: To vote or not to vote.......

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Mankind is likely to be extinct by then (hopefully), so we can but hope.
    Indeed MS indeed

User

Went to vote and was so humiliated. Just because I have a white beard and hair, and had my kierie with me because of the pain in my back, and my hat because I respect the power of the sun, and holding my wife by her arm because her (replaced) knee hurts a lot at this time, an official came and took us right inside and put us through everything in about 5 minutes refusing to let us even stand in the long que; just because of all that - do they think I AM OLD???

User

, respect to the IEC people, they are mostly very polite and friendly

User

Quote Originally Posted by drie57 View Post
    Went to vote and was so humiliated. Just because I have a white beard and hair, and had my kierie with me because of the pain in my back, and my hat because I respect the power of the sun, and holding my wife by her arm because her (replaced) knee hurts a lot at this time, an official came and took us right inside and put us through everything in about 5 minutes refusing to let us even stand in the long que; just because of all that - do they think I AM OLD???

User

When we arrived we made our way to the end of the long line when an official took me by the arm and took us inside and put us through the whole process in minutes. I have a white beard and hair and always take my kierie when going for a walk as well as my hat. My wife walks with a bit of difficulty due to pain in her (replaced) knee. We are both pensioners and wouldn't mind standing in the line. When we came out a young guy shouted at me:
    "Oom! Kan ek die kierie en die tannie by oom leen seblief."

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Dicks View Post
    Indeed MS indeed
    Besides Mr.-Dicks, my kids' offspring would make ugly coloureds: both parents pale and pasty, they'd have less olive skin and more of a "beige beetle" pallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Besides Mr.-Dicks, my kids' offspring would make ugly coloureds: both parents pale and pasty, they'd have less olive skin and more of a "beige beetle" pallet.
    Bwahaha dude you owe me an underpants

Banned
    Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, North America

Govts are govts no matter what part of the world you're in. Here's a view from across the Atlantic.

The fact that we are allowed to choose our dictators doesn’t make us any freer. It merely gives voters the feeling of power and the illusion of control. All the while they are being manipulated into supporting a government that implements policies detrimental to their well being.

What better way is there to get people to follow the law and pay taxes than to convince them that these things are their will? What better way is there to get people to tolerate the government’s evils than by convincing them that the situation is temporary and that they can change the government at the next election? What better way is there to get people to respect elected officials than to convince them that they, the people, chose these scoundrels to represent them? (A mandate, it’s called.) None of these things are true, but the fraud works. Democracy is held to be the best form of government yet devised. The question is best for whom? Certainly not the people.

It does work best for the ruling elites who can hide their evil plans behind a smiling democratic facade. The formula is to give people just enough freedom to feel free but not so much that the government loses control of them. To assure that the people will put up with their laws, antics, and taxes the ruling class must keep the citizens involved.

It is past time for people to face the reality of what voting really is, an endorsement of the evils that governments commit. I call on you not to take part in this fraud any more. Withhold your consent! Have the courage to join us in principled nonvoting and commit not to vote ever again. Remember, if you vote don’t complain!

User

darrenlobo, what a load of shit you speak! Want to guess what would happen in an election where we all withhold our votes? The guy who votes (for himself most likely) rules. Those who crave power will always chase power - e.g politicians. Democracy gives a way to remove them from "the throne" by ticking a box on a paper instead of starting a civil war every time.

Inaction never was, and never will be effective form of protest. You should be so ignorant to not see that you are doing precisely what a power-hungry government expects you do be doing against it - NOTHING.
    Last edited by Todor; 08-05-2014 at 05:28.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Todor View Post
    Democracy gives a way to remove them from "the throne" by ticking a box on a paper instead of starting a civil war every time.
    I wish it was that simple. Looking at the preliminary results this morning it seems like this election is another huge fail wrt to voting out bad leadership. The uneducated masses it would seem did it again...

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast