Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    it would seem did it again...
    That was always going to be the case DirkB. The best we could hope for was to keep the majority out of their reach.

User

Default Re: To vote or not to vote.......

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    That was always going to be the case DirkB. The best we could hope for was to keep the majority out of their reach.
    I was really hoping this time around would be different, that this would be the election that changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    I was really hoping this time around would be different, that this would be the election that changes things.
    You see the support for the EFF DirkB? It shows that there is no better lure for votes in SA than the promise of free stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    You see the support for the EFF DirkB? It shows that there is no better lure for votes in SA than the promise of free stuff.
    Saw that, sad fact.

Bear in mind thought that the initial numbers will be the counting from smaller stations, possibly more rural, and not include major centre's. So expect the % to change.

User

According to the radio the current counted results are precisely those that are easy to count and to verify, therefore it rather reflects urban centres

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    According to the radio the current counted results are precisely those that are easy to count and to verify, therefore it rather reflects urban centres
    Yes, but as I understand it, the urban centers numbers are not near complete and therefore do not reflect a fair %. Whereas the smaller rural areas are complete, nothing can change to those numbers. Anyway, we will see what comes out in the wash. My only hope is that the ANC get a much reduced slice.

User

Loyalty to the party over and beyond everything else triumphs. It is an incredible psychological phenomenon, and I guess it means that whatever the ANC does wrong will never be sufficient to deter it's voters from abandoning it.

Was speaking to one my staff a few days ago, they are disgusted with the ruling party in all aspects, they are not immune to seeing the opulence that they drip. However, I asked them if they felt comfortable telling me who they will vote for. They said they can never vote for anyone other than the ANC. They hold the firm belief that the DA will see apartheid take root in SA. This is a belief that will not change easily.

If the ANC drops to 62% but the 4% they lost just goes to the EFF, well, that ain't no improvement, folks.

That just means that if the ANC wants those votes back, they have to become even more radical.

Not a pretty picture.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast