Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    Banned

Default Re: To vote or not to vote.......

Elected rulers versus elected leaders.

some understand leadership simply as a person whom people follow, or as somebody who guides or directs others.

Others define leadership as organizing a group of people to achieve a common (collective) goal

On the other hand rulership - is an act of dominant rule over subordinates. Like tribal rulers do over tribal subordinates.

Ruler - personal goals are of primary importance
    Leader - groups goals are of primary importance

Now if you elect a ruler instead of a leader - good luck with that, unless of course you enjoy that kind of chronic self-punishment.

Rulers don't give a damn about community (group) needs or sustainable survival, as long as they can manipulate a group in order for the ruler to survive - all is fine.

User

Default Re: To vote or not to vote.......

Quote Originally Posted by darrenlobo View Post
    Modern democracy isn't about individuals it's about institutions. Politicians come & go, you get to vote for them. Institutions remain, you don't get to vote for them. Power is in the institutions not the individuals. They want you to think that power is with the individual holding office. That is the big fraud that you're falling for.
    Ah, I know your kind ;) What I believe is that certain problems are too difficult for any single individual to solve or act on so we build systems ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System ). "Government" is one such system to help with decision/policy-making, funding, execution of projects that are unlikely to get traction if we left it in the hands of individuals. Entrepreneurs that build small business (which is also an institution!) - maybe. Individuals - not a change in hell! In so far as I can tell the first (and 10th iteration) of every complex system is usually broken and it requires incremental improvements over time.

Unfortunately all meaningful impact to humanity in the last - ever, has come from "institutions". Business, science, education, health care, technology. Sorry, I don't want to live in your reality.
    Last edited by Todor; 08-05-2014 at 13:07.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28