Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    User

Default Re: Carry ammo availability.

I've not read the whole thread but it seems awfully sad that we have to try and organize ammo like its some illegal radioactive material. R400+ for 25rnds !??

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    I am prepared to get stock once it arrives and sell it to Forum members only, at a very limited mark up to cover my costs, no shipping to other places, pick up only. Prelim (depending on their price to me) of around R440/box of 25.
    Ouch! That'll take your breath away. That's what happens to the Rand everytime Dr. Beetroot opens her mouth...

I don't understand why Fed is so antsy about their HST rounds. Surely LE only should only apply to the States? We aren't governed by their laws. We promise not to shoot any Americans with their ammo. The logic behind restricting hangun ammo to LE only escapes me. I believe in carrying the best ammo I can obtain but HST's don't give you such a huge advantage over other ammo that it justifies their restriction. A BG's AK with military surplus 7.62x39 beats any HST hands down. It just stinks of political correctness

Dr Dave,

Well, look at it from their perspective.....If they are only going to make it available to LE in the states, it would be 'wrong' to supply the civilian in another country with it. If I were doing something in SA and I classify it for LE use only in SA why would I supply another countries civilian population with it? Yes it sucks from our point of view but it also remains important to remain consistant.

How would you feel as a person in the medical field if say a specific medicine in SA is a S4 classification and thus require a prescription to obtain it but when you export it to the US it gets classified differently and is obtainable without a prescription...are you going to go after the money or stick with the principle that there is sound reason to keep it as a 'prescription' medicine and thus not export.... Maybe not fully comparable and I also feel the same in that I would want the best available.....

User

confused0083

Good point. Dammit, I hate it when people make good points!

And then I see the issue on the export of Magpull DVD's and then start to think that they are going a bit over the top...... >:(

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10