Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre6925 View Post
    Trust me you are not allowed to buy 38 if your license is for 357 unless your license reads 38/357 magnum I used to be able to buy like this but not any more had the same problem and it was escalated all the way to Col Semanye or some thing like that and she just said sorry even when I quoted the law o well
    The Col doesn't make law. If they want to change it they need to go to parliament.

Default Re: Can 9mmP gun fire 9mmK ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The Col doesn't make law. If they want to change it they need to go to parliament.
    Indeed...while I recognize the facts of life, namely that dingbats such as this Col and other Members have zero knowledge of the actual law but are still supposedly some sort of 'last resort' for shooters...your much better bet is simply to find a gunshop that DOES know and buy from them...even if you have to have ammo couriered in.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Pierre, I've quoted the law. As per ikor and BigT, our police sometimes don't know the law. Trust me, on this one I am right and the police (or at least some of them) are wrong.

Nothing if the 9 short case is loadee with Charge for a 9 Para the bullet protrudes quite far out of the case which is 2 mm shorter than the 9 Para. thus internal case volume is about the same. the round is held in place by the extractor rather than correct head spacing off the case mouth.

As this is loaded to 9 mm Para the gun will cycle, although the case might or might not eject.
    I would not fire lots of these as there does exist the possablity of chamber cutting as happens in .357 magnum rwvolvers which have been used to fire large volumes of .38 special ammo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre6925 View Post
    Trust me you are not allowed to buy 38 if your license is for 357 unless your license reads 38/357 magnum I used to be able to buy like this but not any more had the same problem and it was escalated all the way to Col Semanye or some thing like that and she just said sorry even when I quoted the law o well
    Trust me, you are allowed. I've done it quite a few times, in fact.

User

With regards to the original question, THIS DOESN'T WORK! Well, not when you need it to anyway.

A 9mmS case managed to infiltrate my brass stash and somehow got through QC all the way to SADPA Northern Nationals today. I was unaware of this until after I had to do an immediate action drill to clear the round. Inspection revealed that the incorrect headspacing resulted in a very light strike and no primer ignition in my G34.

Should you wish to see the round, it is somewhere in stage 6's rubbish bin (I think, the one with the many doors in any event). My squadmates discarded it while I was taking a bathroom break and even the hard economic times couldn't motivate me to search the rubbish bin to retrieve a single Frontier 124gr RN CMJ.

User

ja nee

Well sorry for necro'ing this thread. However something happened yesterday and I thought it may worth posting some info I found on Wiki.

Yesterday a mate of mine was showing me his EDC including a subcompact 9x19mm pistol. I was a bit shocked to see him pop out a 9mmK from the chamber when making the pistol safe; even more surprised to find the magazines loaded with a mix of JHP and FMJ both in 9mmP and 9mmK. He claims the pistol is made to fire both (BS!!!). I told him that mixed rounds like that (incorrect caliber, etc) are often seen in criminal firearms and mentioned the different dimensions between the rounds, risk of FTF/FTC, etc.

The 9mmP appears to have a taper vs the 9mmK, let alone the 2mm difference in case length. Surely the 9mmK casing could split in the chamber?

https://imgur.com/a/q10ey3a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris999 View Post
    Well sorry for necro'ing this thread. However something happened yesterday and I thought it may worth posting some info I found on Wiki.

Yesterday a mate of mine was showing me his EDC including a subcompact 9x19mm pistol. I was a bit shocked to see him pop out a 9mmK from the chamber when making the pistol safe; even more surprised to find the magazines loaded with a mix of JHP and FMJ both in 9mmP and 9mmK. He claims the pistol is made to fire both (BS!!!). I told him that mixed rounds like that (incorrect caliber, etc) are often seen in criminal firearms and mentioned the different dimensions between the rounds, risk of FTF/FTC, etc.

The 9mmP appears to have a taper vs the 9mmK, let alone the 2mm difference in case length. Surely the 9mmK casing could split in the chamber?

https://imgur.com/a/q10ey3a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP
    Quite often a 9mmK would fire in a 9mmp chamber. But not because it fits the chamber as it would drop 2mm deep and the firing pin would not be anywhere near the primer. It usually fires because the extractor hooked the rim when the cartridge was striped from the mag while loading. This happens quite "reliably" shooting 9mmP in 40SW. The cure for your friend is easy. Have him drop a 9mmP in the chamber and fire and then a 9mmK and try to fire. Then have them extract the 9mmk by not tilting the gun back...

It's a really bad idea. the amount of failures that this can induce is huge. He would be better served by just using standard Ball 9mmP if Money is the issue. At least that would feed and fire.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris999 View Post
    He claims the pistol is made to fire both (BS!!!).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast