Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
    User

Default Re: 2014 IDPA Africa Champs

I was one of the 16 DQ's at this year's Champs. I got DQ'ed for two finger calls. I think the nerves just got to me. I have never had a finger call before and then decide to get two at Champs! My own fault...pure abject stupidity. Keep the finger off the bang button when moving stupid! Anyway I think being in the Super Squad (consisting of mostly Masters and Experts and most of the eventual winners) made me, the complete rookie, even more nervous. I was squadded there since I wanted to shoot with my mate (who wanted to shoot in that squad since all his mates were in that squad) and I would learn a lot. Well after the DQ I stayed for the rest of the day. I must say the rest of the guys were great and did not mercilessly tease me about the DQ. I really appreciated that since I really felt stupid and embarrassed. They were all great though....and I did learn from watching and talking to them. To all the winners a hearty congratulations. Thorkind well done. You were amazing...Ricky Bobbi with accuracy. When I grow up I want to shoot half as well as you...from a fellow lefty. Racingfreak, Ray92, PDH, Skaaphaas and the rest of the squad, you guys rock! I am now motivated to practice more, shoot better...and faster and return to next year's Champs and prove that I am not a complete finger retard.

As for the organisers and SO's. Well done guys. Your efforts showed. The stages were interesting and challenging. The competition went very smoothly. Thanks again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GK21 View Post
    I was one of the 16 DQ's at this year's Champs. I got DQ'ed for two finger calls. I think the nerves just got to me. I have never had a finger call before and then decide to get two at Champs! My own fault...pure abject stupidity. Keep the finger off the bang button when moving stupid! Anyway I think being in the Super Squad (consisting of mostly Masters and Experts and most of the eventual winners) made me, the complete rookie, even more nervous. I was squadded there since I wanted to shoot with my mate (who wanted to shoot in that squad since all his mates were in that squad) and I would learn a lot. Well after the DQ I stayed for the rest of the day. I must say the rest of the guys were great and did not mercilessly tease me about the DQ. I really appreciated that since I really felt stupid and embarrassed. They were all great though....and I did learn from watching and talking to them. To all the winners a hearty congratulations. Thorkind well done. You were amazing...Ricky Bobbi with accuracy. When I grow up I want to shoot half as well as you...from a fellow lefty. Racingfreak, Ray92, PDH, Skaaphaas and the rest of the squad, you guys rock! I am now motivated to practice more, shoot better...and faster and return to next year's Champs and prove that I am not a complete finger retard.

As for the organisers and SO's. Well done guys. Your efforts showed. The stages were interesting and challenging. The competition went very smoothly. Thanks again.
    And that's why you should have shot with the Special Squad. We would have made you feel right at home and would certainly have teased you without mercy till the following champs and beyond
    Last edited by Yeti; 25-08-2014 at 19:12.

User

I would like to congratulate JS4 on his consistency.

He talks just as much KAK on the range as he does on this Forum !

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post

It was as if he has always been part of the special squad.

User

And that's why you should have shot with the Special Squad. We would have made you feel right at home and would certainly have teased you without mercy till the following champs and beyond
    Certainly would've been laughing a lot more....what with your aversion to spaghetti and all. If you're into sheftalia (a Greek type of wors) then I may just be persuaded...

User

Definitely!

User

Thank you, thank you.

Just be glad I didn't play naked. You would've felt small.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Thank you, thank you.

Just be glad I didn't play naked. You would've felt small.
    Since Yeti doesn't eat spaghetti, I wonder if he then would have...

User

I may be wrong, but I think I took the wooden spoon in the squad.

I'll be back.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26