Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Gareth Cliff wants to surrender his firearm.

I was listening to Mr Cliff's internet radio show on the way into work this morning. The topic of recent mass shootings came up. He went on to say he felt the need to possibly surrender his FA citing a fear that no one can be certain they won't pull an Oscar Pistorious at some point in the future.

I understand there are probably many people who don't value this particular DJ's opinion very highly but I was wondering whether this is a fear other gun owners have experienced? Are there people out there who fear that they won't be able to trust themselves with their own FA, or at least considered it at some point?

User

Default Re: Gareth Cliff wants to surrender his firearm.

It is a very real fear. And one reason all my guns have big assed lights on them. Target ID is one of your biggest priorities. Giving up your guns? Idiotic.

Banned

Aknowledging this on a public forum can be used against one so I would advise against it. If he does doubt himself he probably needs more trigger time to get to know his firearm as well as his abilities. Knowledge often leads to love or at least respect.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RobDelv View Post
    I was listening to Mr Cliff's internet radio show on the way into work this morning. The topic of recent mass shootings came up. He went on to say he felt the need to possibly surrender his FA citing a fear that no one can be certain they won't pull an Oscar Pistorious at some point in the future.

I understand there are probably many people who don't value this particular DJ's opinion very highly but I was wondering whether this is a fear other gun owners have experienced? Are there people out there who fear that they won't be able to trust themselves with their own FA, or at least considered it at some point?
    1. He has a radio show? I thought "Radio was dead"?
    2. Considering his sudden career change, he is seemingly going through that unfortunate phase where a talking head / public figure is past its sell-by date and struggles to stay relevant by spewing whatever controversy they can.
    3. He is about as relevant as a typewriter or faxmachine, and soon will go the way of Darren Scott and that other fat thing from Highveld who no longer broadcasts. Mansfield. That bloke.

And no. I have never remotely entertained that fear. I am far too busy worrying about other bad men with AK's/Pangas/Tokarevs breaking into my house and murdering me to death. A far more likely scenario than me going Oscar. Sharing roads with Capetonians whilst EDC'ing and never remotely even considering shooting any of them is hard core proof enough IMO.

PS. Weaponlight FTW.

Gareth Cliff says some very smart things and some very stupid things. This was not one of the very smart things.

Seriously, if he is unsure whether he will shoot someone inside a toilet, and he can't honestly say that it's not a real possibility, then yes, Mr. Cliff, please get rid of your gun. I'd rather you're not near me.

User

It's a pity he's said this. It's below him. He's brighter than that.

User

Gareth who?

A question Gareth will no longer hear from his mates: "Hey G, where's the jazz?"

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It's a pity he's said this. It's below him. He's brighter than that.
    You're right. I suppose to be fair, we should give him the benefit of the doubt given our media's penchant for misquoting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    A question Gareth will no longer hear from his mates: "Hey G, where's the jazz?"
    O_O Nope. I wouldn't ask him that either.

I doubt it was a misquote if it happened on his own radio show on his own channel. Oops.

User

The only thing he is surrendering is the ability to defend himself.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast