Default Mounting Options for Red Dot on a AR 15

I've recently bought a Sig M400 combo with the Romeo 5 RDS (and riser mount that comes with it). After approximately 1000 rounds the crossbolt screw on the riser has broken off - a quick Google search unfortunately confirms this is a regular issue people are having with the crossbolt. The Romeo 5 is great but the crossbolt the riser uses is pure shit. The gunshop has also been singularly unhelpful in getting a replacement for screw for me (can't find one at Builders or a bolt and nut shop).

Does anyone have any info on where I can look at getting a replacement riser / mount? I've seen Daniel Defense mounts which fit the Aimpoint H1 (and should also fit the Romeo 5) but haven't seen them at any local shops (Gauteng).

Any other ideas?

User

Default Re: Mounting Options for Red Dot on a AR 15

AFAIK, Hailstorm had stock of American Defense and Daniel Defence Risers last time I was there.

Bear in mind though, the Romeo 5 comes with an Absolute Co Witness mount, where most replacements tend to be lower 1/3rd.

User

The DD mounts for aimpoints will work but at about half the price of the Romeo 5.

A cheap hack would be to find a vortex Crossfire RDS low mount or a lower 1/3rd mount both come with them in the box if I am not mistaken.

Or buy the buy a Vortex crossfire RDS instead of the the American defence mount or the DD mount for a little more and you have a spare dot and 2 mounts

User

May I ask, what is so special about this bolt that it cannot be bought or modified?

Any smith worth his salt should be able to replicate that screw

Bought a DD mount from a forum member for cheap.

@Vaal The design of how it fits in the riser seems like it will just keep on breaking. I also don't have the time or care to wait.

User

Hailstorm has the fixed Aimpoint H1 risers. I bought one last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk