Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Nelspruit area shooting ranges..to shoot NSA targets...

I'm urgently looking for a shooting range in nelspruit and surrounding area where I can go and shoot my nsa targets.
    It seems that most of the ranges, which are affiliated with hunting orginizations and so on, only get together for a shoot once a month. Are there any ranges that shoot every weekend?
    I did my Nsa theoretical evaluation and now need to submit my targets to obtain dedicated status.
    I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. The targets must be shot at a recognised shooting range and must be signed by a range officer or fellow nsa member.
    I was hoping to submit the nsa targets next week. So i can attach my dedicated certificate & endorsement letter to a section 21 application I want to submit for my p07duty...

Default Re: Nelspruit area shooting ranges..to shoot NSA targets...

There is the White River Club and the Ngodwana 3-Gun club. They have club shoots once a month but you are more than welcome to arrange with the club members to assist you on any weekend.

What is the definition of a "range officer" who must sign your score sheets? There are a number of SAPSA range officers in the club who may help.

Also, what is the definition of a "recognised shooting range"? As far as I know the White River range is accredited and the Ngodwana range is still in the process of obtaining accreditation but it as official as you would get.

Drop me a PM or send me your number and we can talk about your options.

I have send an email to ngondwana shooting club, waiting to see if there will be guys shooting on sat.
    i think a recognised shooting range is probably any shooting range. Copied the wording from nsa's documents/web site. It does not have to be an accredited shooting range.

User

SJC, dit you find a range yet?
    Im an NSA member with dedicated status. If not let me know and we can meet. (For a shoot that is)

User

Also, you have it wrong about the range. It does need to be accredited by saps. You also need to pay range fees to prove that you didn't just shoot the targets next to the road or something like that. I did mine at a fairly new gun shop in Nelspruit(Just dont expect friendly service from the only RO that can sign it of.

I did the rifle shoot at ngondwana on saturday.. And the handgun at wildman in nelspruit. (Shop you talking about?)
    i'm aware that it does not have to be an accredited range. I did not send the receipts from the ranges, to nsa. Is is neccesary?

User

Not necessary. But they might ask you to supply proof so keep them safe. I did send mine with just in case.

If I may ask who signed your targets at WM. And how was his attitude?

I have spend alot of money by them. They smile when i walk into the shop. The older guy with the dark hair, cant remember his name.

WJRD. apart from WM, where else do you shoot?

I must admit that I have no clue what NSA is about, but please explain why I can't shoot my official shoots on my private farm and have some sort of an official sign it off for me?

I am just curious and like to understand the "system" ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast