User

Default 9mm pistols in bulk

To any dealers.

Not that I want to go in to much depth about this (being official) but long story short. I'm in the SAPS and being atached to a specialized unit makes discipline and standing orders more enforced than being at station level. When we go on leave the unit requires us to hand in our SAP 108 personally issued firearms. We are allowed to have them in our possession while being off duty but on leave it is a different story.

Now, most of our unit members reside in rural areas and the subject was taken up with legal services etc and the end result is: hand your firearm in when on leave.Now some of the guys have already received death threats in the past and actually live in the same street as the so called "gangsters". Which still makes them vulnerable.
    My request is, after discussing it with my relevant commander which will try and help the whole competency procedure at our local range by Andy Fuller (Homtini)once enough interest will be showed, how many dealers will be able to sell 9mm pistols, take note, none are interested like us with new Glock or CZ duty pistols but rather older type 9mm pistols that dealers will have on hand (something like star model B or astra etc you know the bunch of guns thats not sport shooting quality but mainly for self defense only. We have a bout 8 to 10guys willing to this as they are the ones living in thr most feared areas here. All they want is a 9mm for self defense for him as an off duty cop for himself and his family which I think is very much fair point taken. God forbid bat damn some of my partners live in real shithole areas and I cannot imagine myself begin there trying to protect myself and them with a tonfa. get the idea????

SO, will there be some suppliers that have low stock or in fact low selling stock 9mm pistols for sale to help out unt arm them selves while being on leave? they do still remain cops and the few they see its them I would go to a full war with being the trust between us.

Will some suppliers be able to make a batch of 9mm psitols available for sale for some of these guys? Max I am speaking of at least 10 pistols. These guys just watn somehing that can conslude protection to their families and themselves also

Any old stock at reasonably down marker prices will be looked at.

This wont happen all at once but my point is to have something I can go back to the unit and say the following:

Gunsite South Africa is willing to help these members obtaining tthe needed legal docs and test and will help getting these cops safer at homes. Few actyually know what it means for a cop to live in a high risk area. And they all said they are prepared to armed themselves rather according to the constitution.

Long shot folks but I just though maybe it can help. Maybe a dealer or to can supply some reasonably stock old pistols to our members. (for private use)

Any feedback will be highly regarded and appreciated. This is from inside the unit helping the unit.

My email is:

wgdaniell (at) mweb dot co dot za

User

Default Re: 9mm pistols in bulk

I really hope you can work something out Wildcart. When I was still a serving cop I once suggested in a meeting that pistols be sold to cops - but subsidized by State, as a licenced firearm. I suggested that perhaps fewer pistols would then be "lost". Idea was summarily rejected. It must be extremely uncomforting to live in the same street as gangsters. All the best.

How about girsan's? They are new but they are well priced, and you should be able to get discount if you buy a set number.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBoy View Post
    How about girsan's? They are new but they are well priced, and you should be able to get discount if you buy a set number.
    While not ceally cheap as dirt, I would recommend the Girsan pistols for these cops. These pistols are copies of the Beretta/Z88 type, they are already familiar with. And they are priced well for a new pistol.

Contact DSG, the importers, and ask them for a good deal?