Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Thousands of FA's listed for Destruction

Found this last night:

NOTICE IN TERMS OF SECTION 136 (1) OF THE FIREARMS CONTROL ACT, 2000
    (ACT NO. 60 OF 2000)
    By virtue of the powers vested in me by section 136 (1) of the Firearms Control Act, 2000
    (Act No. 60 of 2000), I Mangwashi Victoria Phiyega, National Commissioner of the South
    African Police Service, in my capacity as Registrar of Firearms as contemplated in section
    123 of the said Act, hereby give notice that the State intends to destroy all firearms,
    ammunition as well as firearms parts that were voluntarily surrendered to or forfeited to the
    State. For a list of firearms intended to be destroyed by the State, interested parties can
    visit the South African Police Service's website at http: / /www.saps.gov.za
    In terms of section 136 (2) of the Firearms Control Act, 2000, any person who has a valid
    claim to such firearm or ammunition or such firearm parts may, within 21 days after the
    date of publication of this notice, make representations to me as to why such firearms or
    ammunition or such firearm parts should not be destroyed. The representations must
    contain full information of the firearm, the owner of the firearm, and the police station
    where the firearm, the firearm parts and ammunition were voluntarily surrendered or
    forfeited. Any such representations must, within the stipulated period, reach me at the
    following address-
    STAATSKOERANT, 17 JUNIE 2014 No. 37747 3
    GOVERNMENT NOTICE
    DEPARTMENT OF POLICE
    No. 487 17 June 2014
    This gazette is also available free online at www.gpwonline.co.za
    By Post: The National Commissioner (Registrar)
    South African Police Service
    Private Bag x 811
    PRETORIA
    By Hand: The National Commissioner (Registrar)
    Office No. 34
    2nd Floor
    Sancardla Shopping Centre
    Cnr Steve Biko and Stanza Bopape Streets
    Arcadia
    PRETORIA
    Fax No. (086) 2760071
    E-mail: NdzimelaFesaps.,60v.za
    NATIONAL COMMISSIONE
    MV PHIYEGA
    (REGISTRAR OF FIREARMS)
    2014/06/10
    . OUTH
    GENERAL
    FRICAN POLICE SERVICE
    4 No. 37747 GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 17 JUNE 2014
    37747—1
    This gazette is also available free online at www.gpwonline.co.za
    Printed

Link to all the lists per Province: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/flash/firearms.php
    and see how many FA's the Police and Dept of Corrections are destroying. makes me want to cry!

CANT WE SAVE SOME OF THEM???

Default Re: Thousands of FA's listed for Destruction

Some of them are saved every time. Every single firearm is first inspected by appointees of the collectors associations by arrangement with SAHRA. Important items are set aside and saved.

User

This is always a sad read, interesting but excruciatingly sad...

Don't think there is a way to save these guys though

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Some of them are saved every time. Every single firearm is first inspected by appointees of the collectors associations by arrangement with SAHRA. Important items are set aside and saved.
    What do they consider important? Old collectible rifles?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Can we get appointees of the sports shooting associations to be extended the same privilege? And the hunters? And the dealers?
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

WZ, there are many firearms that I would add to my collection, who is currently deciding this?

The police destruction lists show some interesting things, these are all issued guns that need to be added to a collection of SAPS pistols.

User

And if current trends are to be maintained, I expect the bad guys to the carrying a lot of RAP pistols in future.
    They are obviously phasing the last lot out of stores with this massive destruction.

User

Scrolled a couple of pages into the Guateng list (my WORD, it's a long list!), couple of questions/rants/observations:

1.) Serious amount of items marked "Toy" that are going to be destroyed. I suppose in GFSA's propoganda, these will still count as "guns taken off the street". Now, granted, those probably are Airsoft/BB guns formerly used by criminals (or handed in by complete retards) but guess what? They're available on the cheap wherever and whenever you want them. What BS!
    2.) Pellets. Same as above. All those mean scary pellets used in crime. Not to mention the idiots that handed theirs in.
    3.) The cool stuff that's going to be destroyed. A Brno 7x57 that by the looks of the serial number is a ZKK600. Very nice rifle. Even just the action can be good. Glocks, H&Ks whatever goes, everything gets toasted. It'd be SCARY to attach a reasonable second-hand value to the whole list.
    4.) Who would miss 5, 10, 20 or a 100 pieces in this pile? You really think these gets counted every time it gets loaded and offloaded on their way to the big black pit of molten guns?

Last edited by Tetelestai; 23-06-2014 at 10:50.

User

And I opened the first "Supply Chain" list too...

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    What do they consider important? Old collectible rifles?
    Heritage, rarity, importance. Things like that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast