Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Tracer Rounds What to do with them?

Thanks for the info

User

Just another question I know its off the topic but I was at the gun range the other day which is situated under a building in a suburb ( built up area).... which got me wondering would it be possible to build your own private indoor gun range at home? I know the law says that you can not discharge a firearm in a built up area etc... are there special licences one needs or is it all in all a bad idea?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shottie View Post
    The ammo is in his safe not mine we just not sure what to do with it.
    Put it up for a swop or give it away under the "For sale" section.

User

I take it alot of people on this site watch Fps russia
    I would rather lick a cheesgrater.

User

Just another question I know its off the topic but I was at the gun range the other day which is situated under a building in a suburb ( built up area).... which got me wondering would it be possible to build your own private indoor gun range at home? I know the law says that you can not discharge a firearm in a built up area etc... are there special licences one needs or is it all in all a bad idea?
    No licences, but there are SANS specifications to comply to, and you'll need permission from a ton of people. They are available and it is possible, I know of a guy who built a shooting tunnel (about 40m) in his back yard about three years ago. All legal and with papers, of course, but IMO it's not worth it unless you have the cash to spend and you can get a long enough stretch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post

Hmmmm well I am sure someone close to you might want to play with it. Ask them for some nice biltong or bottle of brandy or something in return ;)

Although you can't sell it..
    Why can't he sell it?
    He is not dealing in ammunition or arms. This is like not beeing able to sell your gun because you are now dealing in arms. The primary aim is to sell the ammo as he has no use for it.
    Not an attack on you RD I just don't get where you are not allowed to privately sell the ammo to another license holder.
    If he was buying and selling for profit or manufacturing then it's a different story.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

All that is required if you DO NOT intend to offer accredited training is for the 'range' to be inspected by you r local DFO/Station Commander, and declared safe to use.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Why can't he sell it?
    He is not dealing in ammunition or arms. This is like not beeing able to sell your gun because you are now dealing in arms. The primary aim is to sell the ammo as he has no use for it.
    Not an attack on you RD I just don't get where you are not allowed to privately sell the ammo to another license holder.
    If he was buying and selling for profit or manufacturing then it's a different story.
    Hmmmm might I be confused now when reloading ammo for other people?

Someone please chime in.

As far as I am aware, you cannot sell ammo. Hence why there is never ammo for sale threads in the for sale section.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Hmmmm might I be confused now when reloading ammo for other people?

Someone please chime in.

As far as I am aware, you cannot sell ammo. Hence why there is never ammo for sale threads in the for sale section.
    You cannot manufacture ammo (reloading for other people) without a manufacturer's license.

You cannot deal in firearms and ammunition without a dealer's licence.

Private sales of firearms and ammunition is not dealing, in the same way that selling your house or car does not make you an estate agent or a car dealer.

GunSite has its own policy against selling ammo on the forum.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I'll take those tracers off your hands if you are willing to courier them to me. (I will pay courier charges of course).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast