Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Constructive Outdoor Range Training

Up to this point I’ve only really been at indoor shooting ranges, pumping lead down range but feel the need to go outdoors with my training.
    The recent Sport Shooter magazines have some nice articles regarding what I want to do.

The intention is to follow the article and set up 3 targets at 7m, 15m and 20m.
    Follow the instruction, 1 shot in each, then 2 then 3 moving from target to target.

Will I be able to pitch up at say Knights and set-up a shooting drill for myself. How do they operate / allow for this?

Cheers
    Rookie

User

Default Re: Constructive Outdoor Range Training

Not sure on the best way to setup targets for more constructive training. Maybe some of the more experienced guys will have proper info this.

I think at Knights they don't really care how you setup your targets as long as you are safe and there is sufficient space for it, ie not other people there that would want to utilise the space you are taking up with your extra targets etc. So in my opinion it would be better to go during the week when there are not a lot of people wanting to shoot.

I've also been giving this some thought lately. I've always seen myself as a hunter, and always had it in the back of my head that I don't have a SD firearm because I like guns, but because I need one. This has actually led to me not training properly, which has to change very quickly.

Maybe I should join you at the range then we can work it out together, that is if you don't mind.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieOlivier View Post
    Maybe I should join you at the range then we can work it out together, that is if you don't mind.
    Don't mind at all, I'm by no means an expert in this. Just a normal Joe trying to not blast bullets down a indoor range all the time.

@pdh, Thanks browsing and printing stuff for the website as I type!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Don't mind at all, I'm by no means an expert in this. Just a normal Joe trying to not blast bullets down a indoor range all the time.
    Neither am I. I just feel that some more/better constructive training is required. Will look at the link @pdh posted, I think there will be some good info regarding the subject.

User

Pistol-training live fire exercises are brilliant. Dot torture is a favourite. Sign up for IDPA/IPSC

Check out www.eastrandshootingclub.co.za
    Lindzey and the boys shoot once a month at Knights - you do not have to be a club member to shoot with them- they do good work.
    Otherwise hook up with Big T - find him in the dealers section for some excellent training!

User

FUN Outdoor Range Training
    Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    +1

A lot of people say IDPA/IPSC is not "training", but anything that gets you more familiar with the use of your Firearm is a plus, and it sure "beats" (more enjoyable) then shooting the normal A4/A3 bulls-eye target at an indoor range.

Also have a look at Ross's Shooter Clinic: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...July-Sept-2014

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Sports Adventure Shooting, get hold of Camo

Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

exactly what cordite said!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast