Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Steyr Mannlicher Plastic Magazine - .30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Peashooter View Post
    I have been asking and gotten a lot of Promises from Wildman were i bought my 308 Prohunter that mags are in the next shipment.......f§§%*k me that shipment is coming now for the past 2 years and nothing yet.
    Fortunately Wildman aren't lying too you and everyone is waiting for the next shipment.
    The last email i received from Steyr Austria, said stock was available but paperwork has been an issue - That was in Jan or Feb.

User

Fark I'm glad I decided on the Howa! I stood with the Steyr Pro Hunter in my hands... then decided that little things put me off. Like the very plasticky rotary safety switch.

It was a sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

308 and 243 take same mag in the Steyr Prohunter. Luckily I bought when they were available. Any idea on what the new cost would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by nick plewman View Post
    Hi there. I think I have the same problem - a mannlicher Schoenauer 30.06 rotary magazine the plastic spindle of which has broken. Any help finding a replacement welcome...nick
    Nick, I am very curious as to the Schoenauer plastic mag? I am a keen supporter of the old MS rifles, but have never seen a MS with a plastic mag. What year was it made? Does it have a white spacer on the butt or only black plastic butt?If possible, please send pictures as I am alwys keen on learning more!Rgds,SvN PS. Try overseas auctions, a friend of mine, often buys SM mags on these auctions in Europe.

User

Have the same problem with my Steyr 270. Replaced both the mag and trigger housing after months of waiting for Brookyn to order the parts. On my first hunt with the new mag the mag release clips broke free. The design and type of plastic used by Steyr is simply sub standard and a pitty for a manufacturer of Steyr's stature. After spending R2k about 3 years ago for the replacement parts without fixing the problem makes me crazy... I have not been able to resolve the problem yet and would be interested to cooperate in finding a solution. The rifle shoots very well and accurate.

User

Try Oom Mike at Kolskoot in Randburg. He had Steyr stuff that no one else had.... Worth a shot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Can someone help me???

I need a new plastic magazine for my Steyr .30-06 (Model M)
    The part number is 2400050503.

I have tried all the local gunshops, S&O, JJ Warpens, City Guns, etc and I keep getting the same response. "Let me see what we have and I will get back to you". Not one of them has gotten back to me yet.
    I have even tried Steyr in Austria but they direct me back to local gunshops.

If anyone has a spare one that they are willing to sell, knows of a gunshop that has them in stock, please let me know. I have been looking for the last 3/4 months and thought I had lots of time. It is now desperate - I cant hunt with a single shot rifle.
    Please take a photo of the under side of the magazine, there is a number that a person who probably may have the same magazine needs to compare .....keep in mind , it is a possibility...send the photo of the magazine to my e-mail.

I will come back to you to confirm if it is the same magazine and put you in contact with this person.

godendaal@hotmail.com

Regards

Gert

User

Got hold of one of the Wildman guys 2 weeks ago. They apparently got stock of the 308 mags at a measly R2500 each. I asked if it included a prozzie and a case of Brandy at that price. FFS its a US $42 item. If it was even R1200 i would have bent down and taken 2. But not at 2500 a piece. Thats daylight robbery.

User

hmm

it almost seems worth it to buy some Steyr mags on my next trip to germany and then resell them here! last time I was there the first gunshop I visited had quite a few.

All plastic was around EUR80, and with steel bottom they were (i thought) insane at around EUR150

User

Vir die manne/for the gentleman who still thinks it is a good proposition to buy a Steyr Mannlicher with it`s challenges to get hold of a maga
    20200520_115444.jpg20200520_115357.jpgzine..here is a good buy for you...

.270 Steyer Mannlicher Luxus.
    Albei gewere is laas jaar oor ge guncote, kolwe oorgedoen, nuwe dra bande en knaldempers.

20200520_115444.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast