Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: A-Pack Emergency rations

For the Chicken and noodles must have 'Tabasco Sauce'.
    That will make it a 4.

APacks are all we use for camping and disaster stores.

Thanks for the review Mr Trundle.

Its always nice to receive feedback on our products, and I am glad the family got so much fun out of it.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    And the main difference between the ranger ones and the A pack would be? As they're both 12hr packs.
    * Appart from the heater being included aspect obviously.
    The A Packs are rated as 12 hour packs, however they will easily extend to 24 hour in a crisis.

Our Ranger packs come in two sizes: A 12 and a 24 hour. They do not include a FRH. These can be bought separately and compared to the A-Pack represent good value for money. Like the A-Pack the main meal come in pouches as opposed to tins and can be heated as a "boil in the bag" in a billy can or in a FRH.

In terms of taste: It is our experience that the American MRE are generally "sweeter" in taste than our Ranger packs. (I agree the pastry/cookies are a real winner!)
    The ranger packs have been designed for South African tastes and IMO do not have to stand back from the American brands.

In terms of space: Info that i have received is that those who use the MRE'S operationally usually unpack them from the pouch/bag and repack it as they prefer in/on the gear. However keep them in the box/pouch until you will need them

The FRH: This has a lot of novelty value but in certain circumstances such as a disaster or if one is operational it is worth its weight in gold. Due to the cost we sell the FRH separately in packs of 6 or 12. Customers have used them in vehicles on long trips to heat their meals. Just make sure you have some ventilation.

The Ranger packs on the other hand have fuel tablets and matches to heat the food or to make a hot drink. You could heat water with a FRH, however it is going to be tricky and the water wont get very hot.

The A-Pack MRE has a premixed sachet of saline solution (About the size of 3 sachets of Vinegar that one would get with a take-away) to activate it, the FRH that we sell only require waters. I understand that this is done for safety considerations/airline travel regulations.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    That will make it a 4.

Agreed: Tobasco will make anything better!

User

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    The A Packs are rated as 12 hour packs, however they will easily extend to 24 hour in a crisis.

Our Ranger packs come in two sizes: A 12 and a 24 hour. They do not include a FRH. These can be bought separately and compared to the A-Pack represent good value for money. Like the A-Pack the main meal come in pouches as opposed to tins and can be heated as a "boil in the bag" in a billy can or in a FRH.

In terms of taste: It is our experience that the American MRE are generally "sweeter" in taste than our Ranger packs. (I agree the pastry/cookies are a real winner!)
    The ranger packs have been designed for South African tastes and IMO do not have to stand back from the American brands.

In terms of space: Info that i have received is that those who use the MRE'S operationally usually unpack them from the pouch/bag and repack it as they prefer in/on the gear. However keep them in the box/pouch until you will need them

The FRH: This has a lot of novelty value but in certain circumstances such as a disaster or if one is operational it is worth its weight in gold. Due to the cost we sell the FRH separately in packs of 6 or 12. Customers have used them in vehicles on long trips to heat their meals. Just make sure you have some ventilation.

The Ranger packs on the other hand have fuel tablets and matches to heat the food or to make a hot drink. You could heat water with a FRH, however it is going to be tricky and the water wont get very hot.

The A-Pack MRE has a premixed sachet of saline solution (About the size of 3 sachets of Vinegar that one would get with a take-away) to activate it, the FRH that we sell only require waters. I understand that this is done for safety considerations/airline travel regulations.
    Thank you for this, I think I'll have to stock up on some as they seem very practical.

User

I like that the ranger packs have stuff like coffee and tea. I find that is missing from the A packs!

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I would say your kids are spoiled...
    Yup, but then they are fed home-slaughtered, grass fed, 100% organic, Beef, Lamb and Chicken on a daily basis. We grow most of our own food and you will not believe how fussy they are when it comes to certain veggies. I really feel sorry for the future husbands and the solitary future wife.

Our kids turn away from most fast foods out of choice. Take-aways generally consist of pizza from a Mom and Pop in town and not from the 'big brands'.

So yes they are spoiled.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    That will make it a 4.

Thanx, Will make a note and try it out.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    Yup, but then they are fed home-slaughtered, grass fed, 100% organic, Beef, Lamb and Chicken on a daily basis. We grow most of our own food and you will not believe how fussy they are when it comes to certain veggies. I really feel sorry for the future husbands and the solitary future wife.

Our kids turn away from most fast foods out of choice. Take-aways generally consist of pizza from a Mom and Pop in town and not from the 'big brands'.

So yes they are spoiled.
    Haha! No bud, that doesn't sound spoilt at all, that sounds healthy and very fortunate!

[b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I've had a few MRE's stashed and thought I'd give one a try whilst hiking on a game farm this past weekend.
    These things really are amazing. Everything you need to keep you going.
    I'm definitely ordering more asap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast