Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Bang -A- Lert Tripwire Device *REVIEW*

Tested one of the four it works no mods needed, but they all have backing plates. I don't see why it shouldn't work without backing plates. Maybe the hilty caps are faulty ?
    Mine will only come out the draw as soon as the stock theft starts again , hopefully not for a long time !!!!!! Or......
    762 if you come down our way we can incorporate this in your survival coarse .

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Tested one of the four it works no mods needed, but they all have backing plates. I don't see why it shouldn't work without backing plates. Maybe the hilty caps are faulty ?
    Mine will only come out the draw as soon as the stock theft starts again , hopefully not for a long time !!!!!! Or......
    762 if you come down our way we can incorporate this in your survival coarse .
    Well Dave Mason, in his wisdom, instead of refunding my postage (as promised) spent the money yesterday sending me the spent caps with a grubby handwritten note accusing me of running the thing whilst not mounted.

I dare anyone to try this - since it would be extremely difficult to do.

Judging by the crater-like impressions in the back of the caps, I would say my one was light-striking like crazy.

Of course I did mount it, and tested it on a few caps, so I think Mason is unwilling to accept that his devices are faulty. Clearly more pride than common sense at work here.

I change my review to conclude "Warning - don't buy!".

User

This may seem like a silly question but I've never seen one of these devices but what happens if you just cut the string with a pair of scissors?

User

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    This may seem like a silly question but I've never seen one of these devices but what happens if you just cut the string with a pair of scissors?
    Nothing.
    Its a kind of trap based on the trip wire, it works by being concealed and unexpected. If you see it you can cut it or step over it. If not you get a BIG fright.

If you are at one of the KSC shoots in the next while PM me to see if I am going and I can bring one to show you.
    Last edited by mostlyharmless; 12-08-2014 at 08:36.

User

Yeah, nothing. Which is why I am planning to modify mine with a spring on the other side of the trip wire.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Default Re: Bang -A- Lert Tripwire Device "REVIEW"

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Yeah, nothing. Which is why I am planning to modify mine with a spring on the other side of the trip wire.
    Which then does what? ?
    This would be cool... but if it is seen then it can be stepped over or crawled under, so I didn't spend much thought on it.

User

Which then, if the trip-wire is cut/disconnected, will have the spring tripping it the other way.

No, it won't solve someone stepping over it.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    Nothing.
    Its a kind of trap based on the trip wire, it works by being concealed and unexpected. If you see it you can cut it or step over it. If not you get a BIG fright.

If you are at one of the KSC shoots in the next while PM me to see if I am going and I can bring one to show you.
    Thanks, I'll let you know when I'm there again...

User

Does anyone have the installation and set up instructions? My folks have lost theirs and I'm trying to help them set it up.

User

Does anyone have the installation and set up instructions? My folks have lost theirs and I'm trying to help them set it up.
    Pm me your email address I will take a pic and send it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast