Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default CZ P07 Duty (Gen1) Mag versus CZ P07 (Gen2) mag

A few people queried the mags changes and compatibility between the old CZ P07 Duty mags (aka 1st gen mag) and the new CS P07 mags (aka 2nd gen mags) in one of the P07 threads.

According to the specification form CZ the capacity of the magazines have been reduced to 15 rounds from 16 rounds in the new generation magazines and from feedback from I query I made a few weeks back there was no outside dimensional changes so they are inter-compatible between models. Also a complaint about the 1st gen mags was that a few people found it impossible to load the 16th round. The hole markings on the 2nd gen mag have changed accordingly, it now as a 15 round marking on the opposite side of the 5 and 10 round markings instead of the 16 round marking on the same side.

Well I got to go and collect my new P07 that comes with 2 new gen 15 round magazines today and ordered and received 2 1st gen 16 round from Marius at Jizni (great service BTW) a few weeks ago. Also bought a couple of boxes of Magtech 9mm 115gr FMC ammo which I used for these tests.

First test capacity: Could load 15 rounds in the new mag as stated by specs, last round needs a bit of "thumb grease" to get it in. (I work on a PC all day so please do not judge me on my finger strength ). Could only load 15 rounds in the 1st gen mags, it still has a bit more give than the 15 round 2nd gen mag but no way in hell I'm getting a 16th round in there unassisted.

Second test, loading/unloading mags in the P07: Could not find a difference between the mags. Empty they go in very easy, loaded to 15 rounds they need a bit of a smack or forceful push (as expected). Also no visual difference in the seating. Ejecting the mags the same story, no difference push the mag release button and mags drop out freely.

Third test disassembly: Took one mag of each gen apart to do direct internal comparison. It seems that they used the same wire (1.45mm thick)to manufacture the springs. The backstop on the 2nd gen mag have been change to polymer from metal and now fits tightly on the spring, the 1st gen mag has the flat metal backstop that is connected to the spring through a little loop on the one side. The 2nd gen mag spring has got and extra loop at the top and has a whole feels a bit stiffer when holding it side ways when compared to the 1st gen mag. I think this might be change in the tempering and have a feeling that the 2nd gen spring will last a bit longer than the 1st gen spring. The floorplate, follower and body is precisely the same for both.

Here is picture fro side by by side comparison of the mags disassembled, the 1st gen mag is on the right and the 2nd gen mag on the left:

I will start feeding lead through these magazines starting this weekend, I try to use one of each equally and report back any differences I find.

HvR aka Sore Lady-Thumbs McGee

User

Default Re: CZ P07 Duty (Gen1) Mag versus CZ P07 (Gen2) mag

HvR nice review. Imo as long as they are reliable , I will be happy and so far all of the 1st and 2nd Gen magazines I have tried ( 2 each of each Gen ) have worked perfectly. So I am happy to spend the time shooting .tims

User

I also have some old and new mags. Works 10% either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    I also have some old and new mags. Works 10% either way.
    Geez. I know the Duty is not a great pistol, but that's a shocking stat.

User

Sorry I mean 100%:T:

User

Thanks for the review. Maybe you need to get one of those uplula mag loaders to help you with your lady thumbs...

Where are you shooting this weekend. Perhaps I'll join you

SAS

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    Thanks for the review. Maybe you need to get one of those uplula mag loaders to help you with your lady thumbs...

Where are you shooting this weekend. Perhaps I'll join you

SAS

I think I'll rather go for vigorous tactical thumb training regiment. Load and shoot. Load and shoot. .....

Definitely at Kraaifontein, probably quite early. Need to fit it in around the family standing shopping plans.

If it suits you better I can go the afternoon.

User

Ah, ill mis you then. I'm working till1 :-(
    Maybe next time

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Geez. I know the Duty is not a great pistol
    Jy soek vir kak

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    Jy soek vir kak
    LOL what do you expect from a Glock owner? But doesnt Skaaphaas also shoot a 75 pre B....

SAS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast