Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SHOOT USA

User

Default Re: WORLD SHOOT USA

Optimistix: don't worry about your training regimen. You allready have the skills required, it is just a matter of applying these skills on the stages.

Setup some of the challenges and apply the basics and you will see that you have the skills. Just believe in yourself and stick to the basics!

Thanks Albert ... That is exactly what I am focusing on ... getting the basics right and applying it under pressure.

I think that the biggest challenge at major events like these is to just keep calm, shoot to your ability and not trying to be a "hero" ...

Frontsight, trigger, squeeze ... as fast as possible

User

Spot on...

My previous post was in jest.

While I have no experience with such an environment, I would think that the psychological pressure (due to the match importance, the size, the amount of people, the camera's and all that) would be the killer.

Block all that stuff out. You guys deserve to be there. You put in the work, and won your place. Your performances at Natioanls earned you your spots. You have nothing to prove to anyone.

Go have fun! Go and enjoy the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    Frontsight, trigger, squeeze ... as fast as possible
    And "Hunt the A's"

User

I saw this posted by Dave Re, a US Open GM shooter, on the IPSC Global Village and after watching some vids of the Florida Open, I tend to agree with what he is saying:

" love the talk of "up to 90 meters" earlier in the thread. The range has the potential to go out to 300m, but the rifle range isn't in play for the WS, based on stage map that's been published. In all likelihood, the longest distances we'll see are in the 35-40m range (it's possible to get further on certain bays, I believe, depending on how the stages are set).*
    That said... the Florida Open is shot on this range each year, and it's known for a couple of things. One is the use of almost exclusively wide open, IPSC Classic targets. The second is - it's one of the most difficult matches on the US circuit. It has a history of a large number of mid-range, wide open target engagements (15-20m) that suck you in and make you want to attack them much faster than you should be. Accuracy most assuredly counts for a match like that, wide open targets or not. The same crew that runs that match is running the World Shoot - I have no doubt that it will be difficult test, regardless of the distances involved, the target setups, or the props involved. You'll have to have accuracy and speed together.*
    The stages for the first three areas would seem to bear that out, so far"

User

I see Robert Vogel finished second by just over 1% behind Nils Jonasson. So he is definitely ramping up to the IPSC World Shoot.

https://www.practiscore.com/national.../matchLTD.html

Ben Stoeger won my just ver 0.5% over JJ Racaza in Production

https://www.practiscore.com/national...matchPROD.html

So all of them are obviously working towards the world shoot.

User

Yeah. Was really hoping Vogel would take it. Hoping the whirled chute works for him.

JJ came very close the Stoeger. His new Unicorn seems to be working for him.

Really hope there's lots of video available from the whirled chute.

User

So predictions for the shoot.

Production most likely Eric but id really like to see Stegger cause an upset.

Standard. I'm rooting for Vogel but that's possibly just a hope.

Classic. Id love to see TGO take it but I see Todd Jarrett beat him in L10 at USPSA nationals where they where running single stacks in prep for the whirled chute.

Open Max Michel seems unstoppable.

User

Personally I think 1911 will take Classic, but rest of the predictions I agree with you T :)

User

I find the fact that you guys know all the competitors and their traits and things absolutely fascinating. How would I go about to get into this? Rugby doesn't fascinate me, and cricket takes too long. This seems about perfect!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I find the fact that you guys know all the competitors and their traits and things absolutely fascinating. How would I go about to get into this? Rugby doesn't fascinate me, and cricket takes too long. This seems about perfect!
    Google and UuuuuToob ... LOL.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast