Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: I Need Help With a CCW

Quote Originally Posted by luckoftheirishza View Post
    Comptac makes awesome tuck able IWB holsters. I have carried full size pistols in corporate dress without being made.

It's not a case of in a pocket or open carry, google is your friend.

That being said I have ran with a J-frame in a pocket when working in a very non permissive environment. And I felt suitably under-gunned, but it was a case of that or a harsh word and a stern look.

A J-frame in the pocket is my go to gun, as long as I have a pistol IWB to back it up :P
    I've seen quite a few posts saying how people manage to hide their full-sized pistols. This may happen, but with great difficulty, as I have found myself.

I have to ask how you measure "being made"?

Do people come up to you and tell you they can see your firearm?

In another time and space far, far away, I carried a 19 in a suit. It's not as hard as it sounds. A 26 would be a great choice also.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

I would also recommend a G26 with a +2 shoe on the regular 10 round mag, carried in an IWB holster (like those made by Daniel's Holsters or Feoff Carter). It might also be a good idea to carry a 15 or 17 round spare mag in an IWB mag pouch.

I dress as you have described, often attend meetings with many people and carry the above as my EDC. It works.... And well!

User

I would suggest to the OP that they should start by establishing some house rules around handling "Test Drives" and groups, eg, create a waiting area, recorded CCTV coverage, only one driver at a time, etc. and then (assuming OP is right handed and using whatever he decides to buy which had better be ambi) plenty of weak hand drawing/shooting practice seated from a weak hand side holster - maybe even (shudder, though he won't be walking any distance) an ankle holster considering the dress code. Any waist level gun is too easy to see or "accidentally" pat down.
    An attempted hijacking is something altogether different!

User

Back on topic:

Considering your dress, I am with the guys who prescribe the G26 (Gawd...I am recommending a Glock. The world is going to end.), but the S&W M&P9 compact version is super. Then again, the M&P Shield is just amazing: it is slim, it is accurate, the recoil is manageable, it is microscopically tiny, and it is 9mm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Back on topic:

Considering your dress, I am with the guys who prescribe the G26 (Gawd...I am recommending a Glock. The world is going to end.), but the S&W M&P9 compact version is super. Then again, the M&P Shield is just amazing: it is slim, it is accurate, the recoil is manageable, it is microscopically tiny, and it is 9mm.
    Hee hee hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts saying how people manage to hide their full-sized pistols. This may happen, but with great difficulty, as I have found myself.

Well for me it was a case of if someone noticed I would get fired. Quite strict policies, so if someone did notice it wasn't mentioned, but I would say this scenario was highly unlikely.

This was not a regular thing though, and I know very well that hiding a full size pistol is difficult, just said that it can be done in context to the post I commented on.

I usually carry a compact or subcompact, and would definitely not recommend a full size pistol in the OP's environment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post

I carry a Grand Power K100 every day. It is full sized and I hide it with ease. Never been made.

Depending on the OP size and weight hiding a weapon is easy with the correct holster and belt.

Wow ok sorry I haven't replied yet I did not know it got so out of hand. Ok so I understand the points made against the revolver and I see now that it is totally out of the running as I will only get one carry gun. Now that I have a short list on what to go check out I will try and get to my local shooting range and get some time handling the suggested fire arms. Thank all of you guys for your input.

User

Good luck man :) keep us in the loop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7