Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default TacMed or the likes

Has anyone run a course through them or know if someone else that offers such courses?

Looks like awesome fun!

http://www.tac-med.com/Tems%20Introduction.htm

User

Default Re: TacMed or the likes

If you are talking about the South African run Tacmed company, then yes they are excellent. Morne is fantastic. As far as I know the courses are only offered to ALS paramedics and doctors, not sure if it has changed or they have started different courses. Sadly have not been on a refresher in years.

Word of advice, make sure the company is accredited, I have been caught twice to the tune of around 18k, by guys with forged accreditations. Their courses were excellent the content was up to date but the certificate means shit on my CV.

User

Morne is currently in Iraq, saw him yesterday. We actually spoke about Tacmed, he said that he only runs 1 course a year. Minimum requirement is Intermediate Life Support and preferable that the person either work or is intending on working in high risk/conflict areas.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoc View Post
    Morne is currently in Iraq, saw him yesterday. We actually spoke about Tacmed, he said that he only runs 1 course a year. Minimum requirement is Intermediate Life Support and preferable that the person either work or is intending on working in high risk/conflict areas.
    Thats the only problem, the waiting for courses and then the postponement of them.

It's worth the wait though. There are other guys out there but as I said before just be careful.

User

According to TacMed International, Morne is running the only accredited course in our homeland.... I know there are many other guys who are running "tactical medic courses". Unfortunately, like you know, employers are looking for those accreditation certificates....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    Thats the only problem, the waiting for courses and then the postponement of them.

It's worth the wait though. There are other guys out there but as I said before just be careful.
    Hi Mr_Medic,

As always, thanks for the info!

I can understand getting certified for FA level 1-3 but since this is just for my knowledge, is accreditation that important?

User

Absolutely, not only does it show that the institution conforms to specific standards it also shows that as a practitioner you have recieved the highest standard of training which is what employers look for.

However if you just want it for your own benifit and not to increase your employment potential then I would reccomend a Hostile enviroment medical providers course. ER24 runs something similar not sure if its open to public as yet. There was a guy who did some workshops on it a few years ago as well. So there are guys out there who do it.
    The thing is alot of the techniques are advanced and thus require higher levels of medical training prior to being able to complete said courses.

User

I am googling the info now as I post,

The only place that I have come across now is XMT http://www.xmt-gear.com/training.html

I just looked now that ER24 is with TacMed and yes, only open to the pro's.

The search continues!

User

Goodluck mate,

Out of curiosity why are you so keen on this sort of training?

No reason to my question other than interest.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    Goodluck mate,

Out of curiosity why are you so keen on this sort of training?

No reason to my question other than interest.
    Bunch of reasons, I can honestly write you a whole motivational but look I am not trying to become a "wanna-be" paramedic or doctor but I can understand if my enthusiasm is coming across a bit so.

Mostly it is to be self-sufficient in a SHTF-type scenario + I am the only male alongside a bunch of ladies in my home so I need to know I can do something while waiting for the ambulance and or cops.

Hope it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast