Default Rhodesian territorial military commitments

I am trying to assemble a table of how Rhodesian territorial callup commitments changed over the course of the war.

Short of going to dig in the government gazettes in the National Archives in Harare, there seems to be no database available.

Strangely enough, we all seem to remember what the commitment was when we did our basic training, and that it increased over time - but we cannot remember the details thereafter. For instance, I did my basic training in 1971. At that time, you did nine months initial service followed by a commitment of four weeks per annum – but I have no recollection of when that four weeks per annum was increased or what the incremental stages were.

(Of course, in the last years, all the rules were dumped and we went to six-in-six-out.)

Consequently, I am contacting individuals who were territorials and asking them what their personal experience was.

Therefore, in what year did you do your initial service, how long was it and what was your annual commitment immediately thereafter?

Chas

User

Default Re: Rhodesian territorial military commitments

We're going helicopter riding with the RLI regimental association this weekend. Ill ask around to find out what they remember.

Default Re: Rhodesian territorial military commitments

Quote Originally Posted by StefanM View Post
    We're going helicopter riding with the RLI regimental association this weekend. Ill ask around to find out what they remember.
    Many thanks.