Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    R.I.P. Feb 2015

Default Re: Conclusion of negotiations with HuntEx

Very well done and a big thank you to everybody that got involved in this negotiations/argument.

What everybody must realize now is that the ball is now in our court. If anybody does anything stupid and something bad happens it will be a direct reflection on us. The edc guys.

Please people don't do anything silly and stick to the rules. I know I am addressing the wrong crowd here on Gunsite but one mistake now and we are fucked!

User

Thank you to all involved for standing your ground for the good of us all. Without your dedication and time our rights would've been severely trampled. With leaders like you, the future looks a lot brighter.

Well done Huntex.

User

Whilst I'm not crazy about the indemnity form thing, I'm signing conditions that I need to abide by anyway so it's a paperwork exercise. Maybe some of those "carry once a year to Huntex" gets a wakeup doing this. All in all, a satisfactory conclusion in my opinion. Thanks to all the work behind the scenes.

I suspect social media helped tremendously to spread the concerns quickly and to illustrate the major unhappiness about it isn't just from a handful of individuals.

While I'll visit Huntex again given this new status quo, I'm still sceptical about certain firearms organisations' respect for my SD rights.

Guys,

I thinks its not on. In order to exercise my right to carry a firearm for self-defence I'm (and let's assume I'm a layman) compelled to sign a document that I may not even fully understand the legal consequences of and if I don't declare a gun I now have to submit to a search? I understand that this is a compromise but where does this fit in with our principles of freedom? Hell, not even the local shopping mall treats me like this - and they aren't even supposed to be supporting firearms owners! Huntex won't be seeing me on those terms. Frank, I'm sorry to say it but I think it cuts right across the grain of what we stand for.

The whole justification for this is, as I am given to understand, is that a particular individual was carrying Mexican-style (which is illegal and unsafe to start with) and then tried to catch the gun when he dropped it (also not a terribly smart thing to do) and as a result we now all need to submit to this? Why do not we just take away all driving licences next time somebody goes through a red light?

Cheers,
    WZ.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 18-09-2014 at 09:00.

User

What is Huntex?

Just kidding.

Well, I have never been to a Huntex before and wasn't planning on going due to the issue that came about.

But since it has now been sorted, I guess I gotta tell the wifey that I am taking her to a Wine Estate with beautiful vineyards for a romantic day out ... and then they say I'm not a romantic, jeez.

User

Well done to those involved.

User

Good news, thanks to all involved, appreciated and respect!

R.I.P. Feb 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Guys,

I thinks its not on. In order to exercise my right to carry a firearm for self-defence I'm (and let's assume I'm a layman) compelled to sign a document that I may not even fully understand the legal consequences of and if I don't declare a gun I now have to submit to a search? I understand that this is a compromise but where does this fit in with our principles of freedom? Hell, not even the local shopping mall treats me like this - and they aren't even supposed to be supporting firearms owners! Huntex won't be seeing me on those terms. Frank, I'm sorry to say it but I think it cuts right across the grain of what we stand for.

The whole justification for this is, as I am given to understand, is that a particular individual was carrying Mexican-style (which is illegal and unsafe to start with) and then tried to catch the gun when he dropped it (also not a terribly smart thing to do) and as a result we now all need to submit to this? Why do not we just take away all driving licences next time somebody goes through a red light?

Cheers,
    WZ.
    I do believe that you make a very strong point there. Stuff to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Guys,

I thinks its not on. In order to exercise my right to carry a firearm for self-defence I (and let's assume I'm layman) I'm compelled to sign a document that I may not even fully understand the legal consequences of and if I don't declare a gun I now have to submit to a search? I understand that this is a compromise but where does this fit in with our principles of freedom? Hell, not even the local shopping mall treats me like this - and they aren't even supposed to be supporting firearms owners! Huntex won't be seeing me on those terms. Frank, I'm sorry to say it but I think it cuts right across the grain of what we stand for.

Cheers,
    WZ.
    I am with WZ here. Yes, the efforts are appreciated. But it is a compromise. And not a good one I feel.

My question is this: What will they be doing with these "records" they will be gathering?

It will probably be used for certain statistics and I know statistics can be used for other purposes.

They can determine many things from this kind of system. I for one will not support huntex again.

Agreed, it can be a wake-up call for some, but to others it is a slap in the face.

This form and the data gathered makes me uneasy. How secure and private is that data? I don't trust it.

Huntex Cape is around the corner. I see it as a suitable compromise and a platform for further negotiations for Huntex 2015.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast