Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bul mod thread

User

Default Re: Bul mod thread

Michael: just like the AR platform, the 1911 is like "Barbie for men". Your options for customising are almost endless.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory Bul hammer, but the Koenig hammer just "looks" wicked, and the owner of the gun doesn't want to have his "Barbie"to look like everybody else's "Barbie", so he bought it a pretty tiara and dressed her up in a new ball gown as well (the Cerakoating). This is just one of the joys of owning a 1911. You can customize it to suit YOU and your preferences and likes, and the great thing about any of the changes are that they don't have to make sense to anybody but YOU.

The trigger pull weights on all the Bul pistols I have handled at Rescomp have been uniformly good. Clean and crisp straight from the box. As a matter of fact most of the factory trigger pulls are lighter than my main competition gun that I will be taking to the World Shoot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Michael: just like the AR platform, the 1911 is like "Barbie for men". Your options for customising are almost endless.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory Bul hammer, but the Koenig hammer just "looks" wicked, and the owner of the gun doesn't want to have his "Barbie"to look like everybody else's "Barbie", so he bought it a pretty tiara and dressed her up in a new ball gown as well (the Cerakoating). This is just one of the joys of owning a 1911. You can customize it to suit YOU and your preferences and likes, and the great thing about any of the changes are that they don't have to make sense to anybody but YOU.

The trigger pull weights on all the Bul pistols I have handled at Rescomp have been uniformly good. Clean and crisp straight from the box. As a matter of fact most of the factory trigger pulls are lighter than my main competition gun that I will be taking to the World Shoot.
    Sounds like an awesome piece of equipment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by doubletap View Post
    Here's a Comped 40 for Pins, IPSC Open Major 9 in the works

Hi
    Have you guys shot this? what is the recoil reduction like? Does the 40 produce enough gases to operate the comp?

User

Great thread guys, and great looking gun. I feel very proud to have contributed to her :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    Great thread guys, and great looking gun. I feel very proud to have contributed to her :)
    You will be doing mine next.

Nice work Piet.

3 honest questions, why would you fit a new hammer if it's one of their "selling points" that it has a larney hammer and all?
    And how's the trigger on this gun compared to some of the standard top tier 1911's? And how's the trigger on this gun compared to some of the standard top tier 1911's?

The Bul's have an excellent trigger out of the Box, better than many of the so called top tier 1911's I have handled. The company in the past has also done OEM runs for other manufacturers. The hammer was changed because the customer wanted additional bling. Although the trigger is great out of the box Competition shooters are always looking for an edge, the Koenig Style hammer is one of the lightest on the market and so pretty much will have a faster lock time.

You are welcome to come and check one out.

Is there any noticeable difference wrt a polymer frame and conventional steel frame recoil wise? Im regretting selling my 1911 and there has been an empty spot in my heart ever since. Only have Tupperware in the safe.

The gun is totally shoot able although the Polymer is lighter than a all steel frame, the Bul does have a large steel frame insert though. With the addition of the heavy weight brass magwell we manufacture we feel that the balance, ergonomics are optimized and the additional weight is a bonus on the recoil reduction side. I have shot quite a bit with a tricked out 9 & you can shoot this gun Extremely Fast! 40's recoil more there is no getting around that. Irrespective of caliber this are highly competitive Pistols.
    Last edited by doubletap; 25-09-2014 at 09:28.

Hoping to run it soon. We'll run some IPSC STD Gun Factor 180's & 200's.
    I have some theories on which loads would work best, but this is a special
    application Pistol. so the Customers loads are the ones that need to work.

A Quick Test Vid with Comp.

User

Quote Originally Posted by doubletap View Post
    A Quick Test Vid with Comp.

Looks good.

What load were you running?

Some ammo that was originally intended for a modified pistol, 180 gr.
    Long but pretty hot, also some factory pmp 180.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast