Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Thinking of getting a Heckler & Koch USP 9 Compact

Im sure we will shake hands at some point or another, i do see your dad a fair amount and am always interested at you or your dads latest buys, some really cool stuff i might add. Im curious to know if youare willing to tell, how much does your friend want for his USP? I was wanting one for awhile but every time it came to buying one, i always found something more rare that had to be bought, as i knew i could always wait fr a USP as they are readily available, i waited and bought mine second hand for around the R4500.00 mark, i may know of one identical for R5500.00, i wil have to see if it is still available, i was wanting a blued version but beggars can not be chosers. I have read an articlt by Massad Ayoob about the HK USP's he said that the USP compact in 9mmP werew the only ones he had ever seen jamming, and that it would only do so in certain guns and only when firing standard (low) velocity ammo, he said that even the egsamples with this problem would fire 100% if +P ammo was used, this did not sit well with me and anyhow i do prefer the 40SW round. Last time i checked you are looking at around the R7500.00 -> R8500.00 mark for a new USP.

If you do eventually decide against the USP9 and it is at a good price, put me in touch with your buddy i may just do a covert op. and secure it if u no longer are interested.

My advise, buy it! I do not think you will regret buying a USP. that is if the price is right? When you are again in town, you must ask Shane or Jacques to show you my Smith & Wesson 342 Ti Centennial, i think it weighs at around 350 -> 400 grams unloaded and the cylinder is titanium with an Alloy frame and is rated for 38SPL+P. Im thinking of useing it as a pocket gun, buut am unsure if i will be able to bring myself to ding and scratch it up in the course of carrying it. Thinking of buying a 442, same but in alloy with a carbon steel cylinder @ R5700.00. the best thing about the Centennials is that they have in internal hammer so they dont snag. the down side is that the gun is DAO.

Hi Andy

I can get this one for about R6000, its aparently like new, whats this price like? Should I hold out for a cheaper one and do they come up often, I haven't seen many around? I quite like the idea of a 9mm, but then .40 is better though, I think I'd take either one of these no real preference. Is the .40 you know of the same as yours with the SS slide?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Hi Andy

I can get this one for about R6000, its aparently like new, whats this price like? Should I hold out for a cheaper one and do they come up often, I haven't seen many around? I quite like the idea of a 9mm, but then .40 is better though, I think I'd take either one of these no real preference. Is the .40 you know of the same as yours with the SS slide?
    Good price. Buy it. Now.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

If you like it, get it.
    You can't go wrong with the manufacturer.
    As a carry gun against the skin I like Glock as it does not have seriously protruding parts that dig into your skin.
    For holster carry 10/10.

The best gun for all situations does not exist, besides life is short, get what tickles your fancy(don't tell the wife) :o

User

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but a H&K I really want to play with is the HK45. That looks to be a sweet pistol. Designed with input from Vickers and Hackathorn it should work. Cant give a logical reason but would definately enjoy getting my grubby paws on one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic but a H&K I really want to play with is the HK45. That looks to be a sweet pistol. Designed with input from Vickers and Hackathorn it should work. Cant give a logical reason but would definately enjoy getting my grubby paws on one.
    You don't need no logical reason ;D

Hi Craig.

Look R6000.00 is not bad, but i have got a lead on one in capetown in 45 compant for R4500.00 not new, and the other one i mentioned in 40SW is identical to mine and brand new, unfired. it was obtained from a gun shop that went bang, if u like i can see if it is still available, last i enquired it was R5500.00 (and its a new gun).

Let me know. If u like ill make enquires on your behalf...

Hi Guys,

Here something to cry about into you coffee cups! I nearly scored a H&K USP 45 R2000.00 but at the last minute the guy decided to keep it as the Glock 19 he wanted to buy didn't come through.

Some times life really sucks!!! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    Hi Guys,

Here something to cry about into you coffee cups! I nearly scored a H&K USP 45 R2000.00 but at the last minute the guy decided to keep it as the Glock 19 he wanted to buy didn't come through.

Some times life really sucks!!! :'(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

You snooze you loose, so they say. I missed this one, it was sold when I called to buy it back in July, under my nose, so to speak. md217

Moral of the story, don't hesitate, think quick, act fast.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast