Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Error on SAPS 271, my error

Hi guys,just a quick question. Was reading through my SAPS271. I realized I made a mistake. I filled in the section as the owner, I didn't read correctly and the current owner is the dealer, which if I had read correctly had already filled in this section. Is it possible to cross out my mistake? Or could I just fill in the page again. The dealer typed their section out. So if I fill in the page half will be typed and the other hand written.

I'm really irritated with myself for this as I'm literally heading out in an hour to hand it all in.

User

Default Re: Error on SAPS 271, my error

It should be fine if you just fill in that page again, I don't think the dealer has to sign on that page, so just re-writing what typed in should be fine.

User

When I made a mistake, I just downloaded the form off the net, and printed out the one page that I had to replace.

Fill in their details too then. Or scan it in, blank out your mistake and reprint the form..

User

Thanks guys,

I have a spare form ready to go. Think I almost gave myself a heart attack. This process makes me long for the simplicity that the Texans have with firearms.

User

Filling it out again is probably the safest route.

You can always download the pdf from SAPS site and use pdf viewer/editor to retype the fields, I scan in the papers from the dealers and type in my fields as well since with my handwriting looks like a drunken crab on LSD walked all over the page.

As long as the info is correct can not think that it matter, the important original page is off course the one with the dealers signature on it.

User

Do yourself a favour, download the form from GS, type all your details in and keep it for future use, much easier than handwritten form

User

Thanks guys.

Wrote it out, and I'm leaving to drop them off now. Didn't have access to a printer as I'm a sales rep on the road. So I hope it's not an issue.

User

All documents handed in to DFO. No issues with the rewritten pages. Although I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing my SLR and Shotgun competency and handing them in at the same time.

User

Made a very similar mistake. While filling out my barely legible copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy competency application form provided by my DFO I accidentally filled in my particulars in the firearm dealer (or was it manufacturer?) section. DFO told me they were low on forms and instructed me to just cross it out and initial on the margin. Application was approved without a problem.

User

Quote Originally Posted by nina View Post
    Made a very similar mistake. While filling out my barely legible copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy competency application form provided by my DFO I accidentally filled in my particulars in the firearm dealer (or was it manufacturer?) section. DFO told me they were low on forms and instructed me to just cross it out and initial on the margin. Application was approved without a problem.
    A point of interest, all the forms can be downloaded then be self printed for a clear legible copy.

All forms are available on the SAPS website, Google search for the forms,ie saps firearm licence application forms (your next one) and it will throw it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast