Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Error on SAPS 271, my error

Bladdy hell! Talk about a Necropost!

I remember this it was for my first SLR. Might add application was approved, although at that time it took almost a year or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    Do yourself a favour, download the form from GS, type all your details in and keep it for future use, much easier than handwritten form
    I did this and saved all my details on PDF. Then new application just filled in what was needed.

Then in Oct 2018 when I went to apply for 2 rifles. DFO said sorry. Must be handwritten and off course black pen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I did this and saved all my details on PDF. Then new application just filled in what was needed.

Then in Oct 2018 when I went to apply for 2 rifles. DFO said sorry. Must be handwritten and off course black pen.
    Your DFO is full of poo poo. I've been doing the typed version since 2017 and recently did my renewal, and 2 new apps at the end of 2019 all typed out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Your DFO is full of poo poo. I've been doing the typed version since 2017 and recently did my renewal, and 2 new apps at the end of 2019 all typed out.
    2016, 2017 and 2018 was still OK for the typed pdf copies, I submitted a few new applications, a couple more for change of ownership to others and some for dealerstocking.
    Mostly all pre typed pdf's

Things changed mid last year, a typed renewal was accepted in May but by July all documents had to be hand written by the applicant for dealerstock and new applications, in fact for any SAPS documents the applicant must hand write.

The dealers can populate the required info on their side but applicants information must be hand written.
    That was by instruction at 2 different gun shops in Jhb and my paperwork people in Bloem.
    I have a good longstanding relationship with the paperwork people, being ex SAPS he has the relevant up to date info with the latest trends.

All 3 places had apparently received a SAPS mandate that applicant information as typed documents would be rejected?

Maybe a coincidence or someone full of themselves or not, best to check with DFO

User

All my apps are typed

User

Im handing in my SD app on friday, I have just made 2 copies 1 typed and 1 handwritten(they wont understand my hieroglyphic hand writing)
    just to be safe, missed my appointment today and DFO gave a earful.. seems like its going to be fun on friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2