User

Default 50 Round KCI Glock drum mag in Roni G2

I got myself one of these, its not a bad magazine and i expected much worse from it!

Took it to the range and ran 153 rounds through it and it worked beautifully!

I shoot with the Glock G34.

User

Default Re: 50 Round KCI Glock drum mag in Roni G2

Cool stuff. How has your experience been with regards to the reliability with the Roni G2 without the mag?

User

The Roni self i have never had any problems with!
    The design of the top rail could be better... i had to get a 1" rail riser to get my sights to the correct height, you also cant seem to find quick release swivel swings for it and you have to get CAA designed ones... and that's a pain...
    Basically...Roni accessories are just a pain in the arse to get :(

I have maybe shot +-2000 rounds through the Roni (could be more) and nothing ever broke and the design self never caused any jams or problems for me.

I also have a strap on brass catcher for the Roni, but it causes jams now and again as the Glock cant push the brass out far enough then it gets caught in the slide (the brass catcher is a AR brass catcher that i am busy modifying to work on my Roni).

Basically... i love the Roni :)
    Until a AR is within my budget, there is nothing wrong with the Roni in my opinion :)

Great video. I am planning on getting a glock 19 next year under section 16, will use it for NSA. I was already leaning towards getting a roni as well, then I can use it in two divisions. Your video has now sold me on the concept.

User

Cool video

No safety glasses?
    If I may... keep the trigger depressed until you're ready for the next shot :P

User

hahahaha, i was wondering when someone will pick up the safety glasses :)
    For some reason the plastic bag for the glasses was in my shooting bag, but the glasses them self are missing and i don't like to use the equipment at the range self, it always feels greasy and dirty! :)

In terms of accuracy, the target was at 20m for all the shots and after a hole appeared in the middle i did start to aim for the other white parts, BUT if i had to shoot while holding the pistol alone in my hands... i think there is a big chance majority of the shots would have missed the target or maybe (best case scenario) everything would be on the target, but scattered everywhere like a Swiss cheese!

I know many people say the Roni is overpriced and they say you can rather buy a cheap AR or LM for the price, but if you look at total cost of ownership, the Roni for me is still worth it :)
    (think its just a matter of opinion)

Glad you guys like the video!

P.S. Will keep the finger in mind next time ;)

User

that is huge firepower from a pistol