Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Alarm Upgrade Advice Needed

Guys I need advice, after an attempted burglary, were 2 guys broke the track on my gate yesterday they were already in my yard, only to be interrupted by the next door neighbor, I have a blind spot right by the gate.

We have decided to upgrade the current alarm to be able to add extra beams in the front yard to cover the gate.
    I have an old Paradox system and want to upgrade to the Paradox 5050 REM2, what are my options to let the cleaning lady in through the electric gate, garage door and alarm without having to give her a remote for either of the fore mentioned?

Default Re: Alarm Upgrade Advice Needed

I do know you get a controller that allows you to phone in and it can open the gate or activate/ deactivate certain zones. Not sure what's the name. Will check. I saw it at Communica.

GSM controller with relay outputs. I think. :)

User

Some Paradox models can be activated or deactivated with a cellphone app. Let her in when se gives you a missedcall

How much are paradox kits, if I may ask please :) . Can they be added to existing systems ?

User

Paradox is an alarm system brand by itself

Ah I see.

Hi,

I can help advise you with pretty much anything Paradox related, and if I can't the shop where I get all my stuff will gladly assist.

I bought my first home about a year ago and did not know anything about alarms, heck after I signed the OTP I still was unaware that I would need to buy an alarm....lol. So after plenty research I came tot he conclusion that the Paradox system is pretty much one of the best if not best you can get in this country. Based on availability, support, functionality and price.

You can go and spend R40 000 on the most extensive setup and features or you can spend less than R10 000 and still have a proper wireless system that you can control with your phone if you want. The real cost will come in when you decide how wild you want to go with the amount of zones (sensors) and if you would like them wired or wireless.

The MG5050 by default supports 32 zones, of which 8 are hardwired and the rest are for wireless use. I went all wireless (except for keypads) and have sensors outside about 60m away from panel and through 5 walls that still get full signal. Battery life is also great, all sensors have been running for a year now or so and are still 100%. The panel will alert you if they are no longer fit for use. In fact I have a wireless sensor in my safe that has perfect signal ;-)

You really have full control over how every zone or button can respond, you can give out individual users their own profiles, own action keys, own follow zones, sleep areas, instant panic areas etc. You can even enable safe passage through the house to a person carrying an REM2 or follows a specific sequence of triggers. Eg. Go to bedroom from outside via Dining room, Lounge, Hallway then Bedroom will not sound alarm if in that sequence but if you go Lounge, Dining Room, Hallway then Bedroom it will sound.

In fact you can even make this thing switch on outdoor flood lights (yes like a prison) if the alarm goes or a panic is pressed. As long as you understand how relays work you can pretty much have it do anything :-)
    I am about to use another DCTPX2 to allow me to switch on my pool light, because I cannot be arsed to go outside to switch it on and I do not want it to be on with the pump sequence.... yeah, I'm lazy like that!

The sensors are also Pet Friendly up to 40kg, I have not had one even set off by a pet. As soon a a person walks in front of it it will go off.

I have the following
    MG5050
    2x REM2 (2Way remote encrypted so no signal hijacking)
    2x REM15 (1way remotes also encrypted)
    4x NVR780 Dual side Wireless Passive(outdoor)
    1x PMD85 90Degree Wireless Passive(Outdoor)
    6x PMD75 90Degree Wireless Passive (Indoor)
    1x DCTPX2 Wireless door contact (outdoor)
    1x IP Module for network and phone integration (needs fixed internet)
    1x K32 LCD keypad
    1x TM50 LCD Touch Screen Keypad (Sexy beast)

The usual power supply, siren, case, Armed Response Radio

Hope it helps a bit :-)

PS: to actually ad value to this thread yes you can have a custom remote for the cleaning lady, you can also use a keypad for her I think that only works during certain hours. I would get a remote that can also trigger a panic, so when she gets there and someone is taking a chance she can already hit a panic from outside even. You can also restrict the times in which her remote is active, like only for the hours that she is working there.

User

I actually sold a Paradox 5050 today with outside equipment added.

It really is a fantastic panel. Not the most userfriendly but very very good.

User

So I would presume it is possible to wire this system to give an input to an existing DSC system? Like a zone input, but only that specific zone would be the paradox system?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast