Thread: Tanfoglio P40

Banned

Default Tanfoglio P40

Hi Gents

I might have a chance to get my hands on one of these in decent condition.
    I read what I could and it seems that most CZ75 parts will fit including magazines.
    Seeing that I will get this basically for free is it a worthwhile platform to convert into a steel plate pistol ?
    Taking into consideration that this will basically only get new grips as the wooden ones don't appeal to me at all and new sights.
    How reliable are they and would this pistol fit the goal or am I really wasting my time ?
    Any other comments on this is welcome.

Default Re: Tanfoglio P40

I think JJ Wapens is the agents in SA.

User

Volstruis

I have a P19, the 9mm version. It is indeed a close copy of the CZ, but there are some differences, like the firing pin safety. The CZ75 slide stop and mags fit my pistol well, and work flawlessly. I also use some original Tanfoglio mags, 2 of them are marked "40 S&W cal". I can not determine any difference in fit or functioning between the 9mm and 40 marked mags.

I'm not sure about the dimensions of CZ 40 cal mags, but I suspect they are wider, and will not fit in the Tanfo grip frame. But try it, if you can find one. Alternatively, you could try 9mm mags, with the feed lips opened up a tad, to facilitate feeding.

I might be willing to swap my 2 40 cal mags, for decent 9 mm mags, if you want to. PM me.

User

Volstruis

I have a TA90 9mm. The CZ mags fit in my pistol, but the grove that is cut in in the mag is not at the same place.
    The slide won't lock open after the last round, if you use CZ mags, the follower have a different shape.