Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: The United Sport-shooting Confederation

Paul... (In theory this is great, and hopefully in practice as well )

Please list which organizations you have already contacted, plus their indication of whether they will be attending or not. (Which will allow us to apply 'pressure' where required).

User

I support this move, but will it stop the people from mudslinging each others organisation like in the thread "NSA"? We need an organisation that will unify and have a common system/rules for DSS for all sport shooters, but it will not get rid of "mine is better than yours" as this is the nature of the human.

Will there be any cost involved or will this come from the affiliated organisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Guys and gals, lend me your ears...

With specific reference to the raft of proposed amendments to the FCA that are about to be foist upon us, it seems that Dedicated Sports Shooters are going to carry a large part of the burden... and collectors less of the burden.

Instead of going straight to the divisive "the collectors must colluded" device, I discovered that there is a crucial difference between how collectors organisation are structured and how they award collectors status, and how the sport-shooting organisations operate. The collectors (all 8 organisations) arrange themselves under a single banner and have a unified standard for awarding collectors status. We, sport-shooting organisations, on the other hand, each do our own thing and resist recognising each other's status even.

This is silly. We are dividing ourselves and making an attack on each or all of us so much easier.

We will create a single Dedicated Sport Shooting standard across all the Accredited Associations which will allow us to address the Governments concerns about DSS, and will make it possible to recognise ALL dedicated activities across all the flavours of sport-shooting. Someone who is SADPA accredited will be able to get recognition for doing a Pin Shoot, or a training course which attests to his or her dedication as a sport-shooter.

With this, specifically, in mind, Gunowners SA is convening a meeting of representatives from accredited associations at the clubhouse at Magnum Shooting Range in Pretoria to discuss the creation of this United Sport-shooting Confederation. It is envisaged that each accredited sport-shooting association will have one voting representative. GOSA (as convenor) will provide a Chair.

Please get the word out to your associations and ask them to contact unitedsportshootconfederation@gmail.com.
    Paul, I agree fully and support this initiative 100% plus. This is long overdue. I suggest you also contact and speak to Bruce Shaw who is very involved with sport shooting, both nationally and internationally? You have these email address, I believe.

User

Well done guys!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Paul... (In theory this is great, and hopefully in practice as well ) Please list which organizations you have already contacted, plus their indication of whether they will be attending or not. (Which will allow us to apply 'pressure' where required).
    +1

User

Having a umbrella confederation is a very good idea but we must be careful not to go and set new/higher standards to maintain DSS, such as for example, the need to acquire even more points to maintain DSS and the like just to 'impress' the powers that be. The current system works and needs to be managed well and be as transparent as possible.

User

Brilliant! Would love to see some sort of unified front from all the bodies... really looking forward to see how this pans out and if it will improve relations with CFR for us all.

@Castos, I think you answered your own question wrt people and their "mine is better than yours". Nothing will change that IMHO.

User

Great initiative!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Brilliant! Would love to see some sort of unified front from all the bodies... really looking forward to see how this pans out and if it will improve relations with CFR for us all.

@Castos, I think you answered your own question wrt people and their "mine is better than yours". Nothing will change that IMHO.
    Indeed! We need to stop the bickering and offer a united front.

If NSA, SADPA, SAPSA, etc, etc all subscribe to ONE STANDARD for granting DSS, and we can represent thousands of DSS holders (rather than several hundred in each association) we are stronger as a whole, and far less likely to be ignored or swept under the rug by the powers that be,.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

This is a great idea, I hope it picks up and maintains momentum.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast