Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gen 4

User

Thanks BigT!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

i notice that the RTF does not cover as much of the frame as the RTF2 17 i already own as well.

Anybody know if and when a gen4 19c will be available in sa? Also will the gen4's come in OD green sometime?

User

I wouldn't hold my breath for any more C models in the near future.

OD gen 4s would also be a long time coming.

User

Default Gen 4 G21SF?

Hi, will we be getting a gen 4 G21SF and if yes, when?

Handled both the Gen 4 G17 and G22 yesterday at the Gun Show. While I agree with Khumba that a straight backstrap is what many would like to see I have to say that Glock did a very good job in reducing the circumference on these models without the additional spacers. I sold one gun yesterday and I just might have to pick up that G17 today and give it a tryout. I don't 'need' another 9mm but...

The recoil spring is obviously stronger than the Gen 3 and previous models but I am sure that after a few hundred NATO ball rounds the 9mm will run fine even with the rather wimpy factory cheap-o 115gr blasting ammo like WWWB or Blazer Brass, etc. I do really like the larger mag release button...a LOT...as well as the grip texture. The Gen 4's here all also come with 3 magazines instead of two in the civilian versions. (the LE guns have always come with 3)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by JRX View Post
    Hi, will we be getting a gen 4 G21SF and if yes, when?
    There will most likely be a Gen 4 21 but only in a year or two at the earliest.

Ikor is deserve dude, you deserve another 9mm

User

I held the Gen 4 today.. . all I can say is that I deserve one

A big thank you to Nicky for letting us play with the Gen4 G17 at the CDPC league. It's an exceptionally flat shooting piece which didn't miss a beat. The recoil spring is serious business but locks up as tight as a medievel princesses chastity belt. Muzzle flip is non-existent and it shoots toight loik a toiger. I really like the mag release and the revised texturing. The sights blow gophers balls just like the previously crappy standard slot-fillers and the trigger is stiffer, although they are very easily remedied. All-in-all, a great handgun and shoots even softer than "the original".

NB - this gun will probably not tolerate fairy loads, so go proper or leave it in the safe.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Default Re: Gen 4

GLOCK Introduces New Gen4 Models for 2011

Originally introduced with the GLOCK 22 (.40 caliber), and the GLOCK 17 (9x19) models, GLOCK's newest generation pistol, the Gen4, brings revolutionary design changes to the world's most popular pistol, centered around ergonomics and the recoil spring assembly. New to the Gen4 family for 2011, GLOCK has unveiled GLOCK models 26 (9x19), G27 (.40 caliber) Gen4 models.

With any Gen4 model, the most noticeable difference you will see is that the basic grip size is smaller compared to the previous generation designs, due to the fact that the new generation offers a multiple backstrap system that allows the user to change the circumference of the grip to fit their individual hand size. The grip which has a new Rough Textured Frame (RTF) surface designed to enhance grip traction, offers three options: a short frame version, medium frame or large frame that are easily changed and secured with a single pin. The trigger mechanism housing has also been dimensionally adapted to fit in the smaller sized grip space.

The magazine release catches are also significantly enlarged and reversible for the left handed shooter. To utilize the swappable magazine release feature, the Gen4 magazines have two notches cut on both sides of the magazine body, allowing users to switch access of the catch to the left or right side of the pistol with no additional parts.
    Internally, the original recoil spring has been replaced with a dual recoil spring assembly, which noticeably reduces the recoil while simultaneously increasing the life cycle of the part. The slide and barrel shelf have been resized due to the larger diameter of the spring assembly. The front portion of the polymer frame under the slide has also been widened and enlarged internally in order to accommodate the dual assembly.

"GLOCK, Inc.'s dedication to perfection has made GLOCK the chosen firearm for many Law Enforcement agencies around the world." said Gary Fletcher, Vice President at GLOCK, Inc. "The new Gen4 models are just another step in GLOCK, Inc.'s commitment to producing the best firearm for U.S. Law Enforcement, Military and the law-abiding citizen."

The Gen4, just like any GLOCK pistol, has the same tested "Safe Action" system, durable exterior finish, cold hammer forged barrel, durability, reliability and lightweight that have made GLOCK firearms famous. All GLOCK pistols are backed by the GLOCK Limited Lifetime Warranty and world-class customer service and support that is second to none in the firearms industry.

About GLOCK, Inc.

GLOCK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of pistols and accessories. GLOCK's superior engineering has produced a pistol with only 34 parts and a rugged polymer-frame, providing industry-leading reliability shot after shot. GLOCK is renowned for its pistols which are safe, featuring three safeties; simple, offering a low number of components to provide reliability; and fast, with no encumbering parts to slow the speed to fire. This combination makes GLOCK pistols the first choice among consumers and law enforcement, with 65% of agencies nationwide choosing to carry GLOCK. Austrian-engineered, the company has manufacturing facilities in the United States and Austria. Based in Smyrna, Ga., GLOCK, Inc. is an advocate for our nation's law enforcement and military personnel, as well as all citizens' Second Amendment right to bear arms. For more information, please visit www.teamglock.com.

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/231906

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3